kudzu blossom syrup, jelly

  • charfair fairchar
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2008
      I just made syrup and put it in my fridge. I don't keep much in my
      refrigorator in the summer because my yard is my grocery store. I eat mints,
      peppers, tomatoes, cabbage, pears, apples, and I am an alkalarian (
      www.phmiracleliving.com ).

      Kudzu jelly becomes syrup when there isn't enough sugar, and I did not use
      lemon in this, so the pH is such that it isn't as pink as it would be with
      the lemon. I also don't like boiling it down. Not that 2 minutes of rolling
      boiling would make it lose one vitamin more, but for some reason I am not a
      fearless cook. But that is what makes it home made :))

      Peace,
      Charlotte

      www.IonWays.com/Liphart
      http://www.kudzus.blogspot.com