Re: [pfaf] Is amaranthus retroflexus edible?

  • Infowolf1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
      the seeds were eaten by the Aztec and are one of the few
      plants that are chemically equivalent to meat.

      In a message dated 8/3/2008 2:01:03 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      brewertreesa@... writes:

      Hello, I buy the amaranth seeds and am currently growing the amaranth for
      the leaves to eat. They can be cooked like spinach but are more healthy.

      Theresa

      On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 8:34 AM, renugac <_renugac@..._
      (mailto:renugac@...) > wrote:

      > Hello everybody...
      >
      > I have a weed spreading quite well all over my backyard...once I
      > bought a bunch of spinich kind of leaves from an Indian store and it
      > looked exactly like the weed in my backyard. I searched on the
      > internet and found it to be "Amaranthus retroflexus" It has tiny black
      > seeds. To make it short... have anyone heard about this? Is it edible?
      > I dont use any fertilizers in my backyard. One more question....
      > would like to decorate my front porch in the winter with some winter
      > plants that would tolerate extreme cold conditions while it is snowing
      > outside...any suggestions please?Thanks
      > -Renuga

      Read reviews on AOL Autos.