Do you know it?

  • Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28 4:43 PM
      Dear all,

      Have you heard about any peach that ripens in October, about 90 days after the main varieties are harvested?

      If not, please check this weeks "Fruit Fact" in Fruitipedia.

      Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
      www.fruitipedia.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2008
        In fact
        my peaches ripen in October,
        that is the ordinary time, not 90 days after other varieties...
        there is a " wild "peach tree that will not ripen its fruits at all in "my"
        climate, still haveing unripe fruits after the leave drop in November etc..

        Geir FLatabø

        2008/7/29 Dr. Chiranjit Parmar <parmarch_mnd@...>

        > Dear all,
        >
        > Have you heard about any peach that ripens in October, about 90 days after
        > the main varieties are harvested?
        >
        > If not, please check this weeks "Fruit Fact" in Fruitipedia.
        >
        > Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
        > www.fruitipedia.com

      • Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2008
          No, this peach is genetically different and is found in a very limited region. In this area the normal peach ripening season is till 15 July for commercial varieties like Elberta, July Elberta.

          In my opinion this peach should be used for evolving some late variety.

          It is, however, not very good to eat, only edible.

          I can arrange to send its budsticks during winter.

          Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
          www.fruitipedia.com