Re: [pfaf] Digest Number 157

  • starwolfdreamer
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2003
      I tottaly agree. A freind and I put in grant proposals to the same place a
      few years ago. I was lazy with my forms ect, she wasn't. Tho in the end she
      'pissed' her shot away and I would have and have been following thru the
      responsibility is mine not the funders nor her. I learned many valuable
      lessons from her. When you don't get the funding, you need to look at
      various reasons why. If I ever do a large fund request I will seek the aid
      of people who have succeeded and learn from them. It's a bit of practical
      savvy we all need to learn. A knock to our egos to be sure, but no one is
      going to fall so inlove with our concept to ignore poor spelling, lack of
      info etc. Maybe this person will calm down and self asscess. Caat

      I'm sure there are many subscribers to this list who have suffered
      more than their fair share of funding disappointments, the thing to
      do isn't to rant petulant abuse at those who are in all probability
      supportive or devise strategies to kill your rich parents, but to
      look at why the bid failed, learn to put in better funding bids,
      work out new strategies, go on a fund raising course, get someone
      who is good at putting together funding bids to come on board. Not
      as much fun as communing with the nut trees unfortunately, but such
      is the cold reality of setting up sustainable and earthright
      projects these days....

      Ah well. Graham
    • amdo
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2003
        It's you that need to self assess, I really couldn't give a fuck!..as I said the funding was there, in your own bank account.

        ...presumably you want comunity edible tree culture in the Uk, I told you in no uncertain terms why you failed...as regards the every project.

        Time to wake up Fucking  new age morons.

        Bright blessings,

        King amdo.