Re: Digest Number 156

  • quercusrobur2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2003

      > > And this guy wonders why the MCL wouldn't give him all their
      money????

      > Its a bit of a shame really, I remember the first
      > 'The David Every Nuttery' post a year ago. It did sound
      > like a worthwhile project.
      > See http://bristol.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=2339
      > Unfortunately the there just isn't that much money floating
      > about (heck we could do with a big cash injection for our
      > project).

      I'm sure there are many subscribers to this list who have suffered
      more than their fair share of funding disappointments, the thing to
      do isn't to rant petulant abuse at those who are in all probability
      supportive or devise strategies to kill your rich parents, but to
      look at why the bid failed, learn to put in better funding bids,
      work out new strategies, go on a fund raising course, get someone
      who is good at putting together funding bids to come on board. Not
      as much fun as communing with the nut trees unfortunately, but such
      is the cold reality of setting up sustainable and earthright
      projects these days....

      Ah well. Graham