Re: [pfaf] Digest Number 156

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2003
      Graham Burnett wrote:
      >>>amdo wrote:
      >>><snip>

      > And this guy wonders why the MCL wouldn't give him all their money????

      Its a bit of a shame really, I remember the first
      'The David Every Nuttery' post a year ago. It did sound
      like a worthwhile project.
      See http://bristol.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=2339
      Unfortunately the there just isn't that much money floating
      about (heck we could do with a big cash injection for our
      project).

      Rich
      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2003

        > > And this guy wonders why the MCL wouldn't give him all their
        money????

        > Its a bit of a shame really, I remember the first
        > 'The David Every Nuttery' post a year ago. It did sound
        > like a worthwhile project.
        > See http://bristol.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=2339
        > Unfortunately the there just isn't that much money floating
        > about (heck we could do with a big cash injection for our
        > project).

        I'm sure there are many subscribers to this list who have suffered
        more than their fair share of funding disappointments, the thing to
        do isn't to rant petulant abuse at those who are in all probability
        supportive or devise strategies to kill your rich parents, but to
        look at why the bid failed, learn to put in better funding bids,
        work out new strategies, go on a fund raising course, get someone
        who is good at putting together funding bids to come on board. Not
        as much fun as communing with the nut trees unfortunately, but such
        is the cold reality of setting up sustainable and earthright
        projects these days....

        Ah well. Graham