germinating stevia...

  • baba_alisha2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2008
      hi everyone. yes it's that one on about stevia once again ! : )

      ... thankyou to all who have shared their thoughts and knowledge on
      the subject already....

      ... well to cut a long story short... the various ideas i had for
      cultivating various helpful plants including stevia rebaudiana here in
      south west England didnt exactly work out this year, One reason being
      that as of yet, I haven't actually managed to germinate a single
      stevia seed !

      Not for lack of trying... There's been batches in the bare earth
      since early June, some under glass, and some in moist tissue in the
      airing cupboard... nothing !

      Well, a bit disappointing, but in no way dis-heartening... there's
      always next year...

      ... so for now... who knows what I was doing wrong?... Or do you
      think I just bought a load of dud seeds ( £0.01 for 2000 seemed like a
      very good deal !!! : )

      respect where respect due to all as ever,,,

      hugo