BEVERAGE __Rhubarb 1 minute to process, and drink

  • manofpeace32
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2008
      know people grow chinese Rhubarb -- rheum officinale -- in
      abundance,
      and have too much for pie or cake, or don't have the time.
      well this isn't about food, but about drink,(not that type)
      NOTE _____(freezing it doesn't have to be done,
      but will get to that later his below is freshly picked)
      OK
      almost basic as can be
      in a cofee mug place chopped up pices (nothing else-- sugar maybe)
      place in microwave heat for a minute (I guess depending on
      microwave.)
      now that it's soft add sugar Or HOT water first.
      Drink. --- you might want to feed it sugar,
      depending on what you like(or company) or just drink it sour.
      or you could even add cold water.
      (I have experimented with the cold water, until this post it took me
      1 mintue with heating frozzen rhubarb, and adding cold water/sugar
      tastes good to me )
      AS FOR FREEZING I''ve vinted wine
      (added below over doing with 4 lbs. rhubarb below)
      and freezing breaks down the cells,
      and makes it like mush when thawed
      which thaws seconds in hot water
      (also can be used for those
      marble sized ordimental crab apples
      (MAYBE Malus prunifolia)--
      (or also the white ones siberian crab Malus baccata -- should work)
      that make the best cinnamin tasting cider no added cinnamin only
      sugar))

      OH I almost forgot
      Somtimes I can eat,a dn and eat And my body need somthing
      So Im not getiing full.
      Some times I would drink a glass of orange juice, not eat much, and
      wasn't hungry.
      That has CAllcium.
      Rhubarb depletes the body of callcium in large amounts like I said 4
      lbs.,
      but yesturday the same thing happened
      It seeme like thats what I needed, because I waass hungry.
      until I drank less then a coffee mug or two .
      I mean It seemed like I ate a hole meal(that accualy Made me full. --
      now you probaly think Im fat or somthing HAHAHHA --looks in mirror
      HAHa HA)

      (by the way 4 lbs of rhubarb( a hole grocery bag full)
      In a gallon of wine
      can poison you(from traces of oxalate acid) the next day
      (no I don't get hangovers)
      to a point your So tired yet cannot sleep,
      you curl up in a ball and lay your arms are heavy to lift),
      oxalate acid locks you up
      the minerals are depleted (much)milk is needed
      you are alone?
      I have friends so Im not the only one or the only time .
      Before I get emails of alcohol Amnomonous sites
      IM not trying to make excuses I've partyed pretty hard,
      but somtimes one drinks alot,
      and dosen't feel anything(maybe when they take that one drink more)
    • manofpeace32
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 15, 2008
        byt he wasy about those apples
        I think that putting them in a microwave will help, but freezing
        sounds goods since they are hard as rocks.
        copy/ pasted --- I just don't care anymore typing takes time.

        Like I mentioned below-- maybe better frozen first like I mentioned
        it breaks down the cells Im not sure if yuio need to though since
        cooking should sofen it, but they are hard as rocks unless you dry
        them in a paper bag then they aren't or acidic anymore, but sweet

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "manofpeace32" <manofpeace32@...> wrote:

        > (also can be used for those
        > marble sized ordimental crab apples
        > (MAYBE Malus prunifolia)--
        > (or also the white ones siberian crab Malus baccata -- should work)
        > that make the best cinnamin tasting cider no added cinnamin only
        > sugar))

      • manofpeace32
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2009
          I am bringing this up as a reminder since crab apples,(cranberries) are ripening,
          and soon it's going to be to late to harvest rhubarb.