Re: [pfaf] leaf miners

  • Pat Meadows
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2008
      On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 16:51:29 +0100, you wrote:

      >Thanks Pat,
      > I was wondering if leaf miners attack things like Garlic or anything else with a strong odour: if they don't, perhaps we could disuade the flies from laying their eggs by spraying the plants with garlic juice or something, prevention being better than cure.

      Yes, we could try it; in fact, it's a good idea. We would presumably have
      to re-spray after each rain.

      The only things they have attacked here have been my chard and beets. But
      they sure are merciless on those two plants.

      Yes, if I find anything that works, I'll let you know.

      Cheers,
      Pat
      --
      Northern Pennsylvania