Continuous Cover Ecoforestry Course, 1st and 2nd of August, 2008 / Finland

  • ossi
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9 12:01 PM
      A Two day course on continuous cover forestry, an application of
      ecoforestry based on a single tree selection in uneven-sized systems.

      ===

      Teacher: professor Erkki Lähde

      When: 1st and 2nd of August, 2008

      Where: Katajamäki Community, Tammikoskentie 638, FIN-35700 Vilppula, Finland

      ===

      The Course starts on Friday (1.8.2008) at 13.00 o'clock with a lunch.

      The whole afternoon is dedicated for lectures and free discussion.
      Then we will visit protected old growth forests of Elämänmäki (Hill of
      life) and visit also a field trial of continuous cover forestry, which was
      established already in 1940s. In the evening we will return to Katajamäki
      Community to have a smoke sauna, dinner and free discussion on important
      issues with a focus on the course subject.

      In the Saturday morning, after the breakfast - we will travel to another
      wide field trial of continuous cover forestry and have a picnic there. We
      will return to Katajamäki community for a late lunch and continue the
      course by visiting in the neighbor's commercial forest. Sharp discussion
      is kept up all the time. The course will be finished at 17.00 o'clock, but
      if someone is interested to continue discussion deeper there after, it is
      very much appreciated and possible at Katajamäki Community until Sunday
      evening.

      Registration before 20th of July to Ossi Kakko at Katajamäki Community
      (e-mail: ossi.kakko@..., phone: +358 46 888 0242) ... The course
      itself is free, but costs for accommodation and food are 25 euros. More
      details from Ossi after registration.

      WELCOME!

      PS. In case needed, we will have english translations.

      ===
    • im_chatt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9 3:01 PM
        This sounds wonderful will you have any materials in english you
        could send to me to add information to my website.
        www.bravegreenlife.org
        the site has a translator on it too. How wonderful. I wish I could
        come but I am in the US. Can anything be sent to me via email?
        brave.life.earth@...
        or l@...

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "ossi" <ossi@...> wrote:

        > A Two day course on continuous cover forestry, an application of
        > ecoforestry based on a single tree selection in uneven-sized
        systems.

        > ===
        >
        > Teacher: professor Erkki Lähde
        >
        > When: 1st and 2nd of August, 2008
        >
        > Where: Katajamäki Community, Tammikoskentie 638, FIN-35700
        Vilppula, Finland

        > ===
        >
        > The Course starts on Friday (1.8.2008) at 13.00 o'clock with a
        lunch.

        > The whole afternoon is dedicated for lectures and free discussion.
        > Then we will visit protected old growth forests of Elämänmäki (Hill
        of
        > life) and visit also a field trial of continuous cover forestry,
        which was
        > established already in 1940s. In the evening we will return to
        Katajamäki
        > Community to have a smoke sauna, dinner and free discussion on
        important
        > issues with a focus on the course subject.
        >
        > In the Saturday morning, after the breakfast - we will travel to
        another
        > wide field trial of continuous cover forestry and have a picnic
        there. We
        > will return to Katajamäki community for a late lunch and continue
        the
        > course by visiting in the neighbor's commercial forest. Sharp
        discussion
        > is kept up all the time. The course will be finished at 17.00
        o'clock, but
        > if someone is interested to continue discussion deeper there after,
        it is
        > very much appreciated and possible at Katajamäki Community until
        Sunday
        > evening.
        >
        > Registration before 20th of July to Ossi Kakko at Katajamäki
        Community
        > (e-mail: ossi.kakko@..., phone: +358 46 888 0242) ... The course
        > itself is free, but costs for accommodation and food are 25 euros.
        More
        > details from Ossi after registration.
        >
        > WELCOME!
        >
        > PS. In case needed, we will have english translations.
        >
        > ===

      • ossi
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 12 4:21 PM
          Please, see http://www.mehta.fi/en/articles for some information.