Shout out for permaculture recipes.... (UK bias)

  • Graham Burnett
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2003
      hello folks and sorry for the cross posting-

      I'm putting together a kind of sequel book to both my 'Permaculture A
      Beginners Guide' and my vegan cookbook, 'well fed, Not An Animal dead' which
      will be a kind of permaculture recipe book featuring recipes or better still
      'cooking guidelines' (I rarely use or follow prescriptive recipes- if you've
      seen 'Well Fed' you'll know what i mean) for meals that can be made with
      mainly home grown or non-imported ingredients (in the UK) and that require
      the minimum of processing, packaging etc, together with some related
      articles on food miles, gardening, fukuoka, forest gardening, etc.

      I'd be interested in any recipes or stuff on preserving, drying, etc that
      people might like to contribute. I'd request that all submissions be vegan,
      or at least easily adaptable to vegan (though I don't mind recipes which
      include home-scale produced honey), and I'm particularly interested in
      including some raw food recipes, as well as dishes utilising wild foods,
      'weeds', edible flowers, less usual fruit, etc, as well as seasonal dishes
      based on the 'wheel of the year' (eg, meals appropriate for the various
      yearly festivals like Beltane, samhain, etc). I'm not going to be
      ultra-dogmatic, including some imported ingredients, eg, olive oil, fair
      traded ingredients, etc would be acceptable...

      Any submissions used will be credited and you'll recieve (at least) a copy
      of the book when it's finished...

      Look forward to hearing from all you perma-cooks out there!

      Cheers Graham
      www.landandliberty.co.uk