Plant trading or SASE

  • manofpeace32
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
      I was wondering if anyone else thinks this would be a good idea?
      To me it would be good to trade natralized plants or natives as I
      wouldn't want to be responsible for a invasive plant taking over any
      habitat's

      Oh accualy now I think of it I read somthing about, USDA offering
      seeds, and another web site That I have th links to
      Imnot sure how to go about that, but just thought I could share the
      links also.

      when I can find them
      Not the USDA link I can't find after searching for a while, and Im
      not sure if I'd get a email back.

      Im intersted in cross Breeding / hybridization (or pollen)
      grapes invasive plants
      to try to make them non invasive
      or most other things
    • daniel wildman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2008
        Hi manofpeace: Here are some USDA website links, I hope some of them will be of help to you, As well as others in the group interested in invasive plants. I also included some Organic Plant Breeding Information for you, an others interested in this technique
        http://afsic.nal.usda.gov/nal_display/index.php?info_center=2&tax_level=2&tax_subject=298&topic_id=1430
        garden seeds and offering a large selection of those seeds for sale. ... USDA . Economic Research Service. Data from the National Plant Breeding Study
        Sustainable Organic Plant Breeding
        Louis Bolk Institute.
        This report discusses opportunities, needs and challenges of an organic plant breeding system.

        http://www.nsl.fs.fed.us/%c2%a0USDA Forest Service - National Seed Laboratory. ... The National Seed Laboratory, operated by the USDA Forest Service, is the only facility of its kind. ...

        http://www.mi.nrcs.usda.gov/programs/pmc.html
        Plant Materials Program & National Ash Tree Seed Collection Initiative ... Emerald Ash Borer Info - Web site created by the USDA, USDA Land Grant colleges ...

        These are but a few USDA sites, if you Google "USDA offering seeds" you will find several others that may be of intrest to you, an maybe some others in this group. I relize that sale of seeds for Seed Companys is not Permited, but it is on the USDA site, so I hope this will be posted.
        Thank You Dan

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
          hey thanks very much very helpful
          As of now Im alittle busy but I saves you message in with all those
          links.

          When I wrote this It slipped my mind of some links I know of, and as
          a matter of fact
          On free cycle(A local group that offers things they no longer use.
          like for instance a working washer after upgrading or clutter)

          Sombody offered a trading forum SO Now All I have to do is copy/
          paste the letter (It might be long for only two links.)
          By the way I saw your profile
          looks like we have writing poetry in common

          HI
          I know of a web site with plant trading
          accualy two
          1 after you join the have over 100 forums some about native plants
          (trading also.) (depending where your at.)
          1 about wine,
          1 called name that plant which is great if you have a digital camera
          the botinist on it most likely will be able to help tell you what your
          plant is.

          Oh and a trading site is on it
          along with the other forum about gardening.
          Oh also seed trading even bannana trading
          (they have drawf that grow in doors )

          Ok I know you didn;'t ask
          just listing what the list of forums has to offer.

          http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/
          this may seem over whelming

          OPPS I better modify this before I send this
          Got alittle ahead of myself
          these are the trading forums
          I hope that makes it easyer for you
          http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/exchind/

          (maybe hitting ctfl buttom or control button along with f
          to pop up the find box might help find the forum your looking for
          after you type in the word your looooking for.

          this one is on the yahoo groups but let me warn you
          if your looking to only be a part of the trading forum
          they claim to ban people for that
          Im not sure why but the owners are very helpful though.

          yguid=239347903

          this is the trading post.
          I hope you could offer more plants on Free cycle (also) though.

          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, daniel wildman <spiderman18102@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi manofpeace: Here are some USDA website links, I hope some of
          them will be of help to you, As well as others in the group
          interested in invasive plants. I also included some Organic Plant
          Breeding Information for you, an others interested in this technique
          > http://afsic.nal.usda.gov/nal_display/index.php?
          info_center=2&tax_level=2&tax_subject=298&topic_id=1430
          > garden seeds and offering a large selection of those seeds for
          sale. ... USDA . Economic Research Service. Data from the National
          Plant Breeding Study
          > Sustainable Organic Plant Breeding
          > Louis Bolk Institute.
          > This report discusses opportunities, needs and challenges of an
          organic plant breeding system.

          > http://www.nsl.fs.fed.us/%c2%a0USDA Forest Service - National Seed
          Laboratory. ... The National Seed Laboratory, operated by the USDA
          Forest Service, is the only facility of its kind. ...

          > http://www.mi.nrcs.usda.gov/programs/pmc.html
          > Plant Materials Program & National Ash Tree Seed Collection
          Initiative ... Emerald Ash Borer Info - Web site created by the USDA,
          USDA Land Grant colleges ...

          > These are but a few USDA sites, if you Google "USDA offering seeds"
          you will find several others that may be of intrest to you, an maybe
          some others in this group. I relize that sale of seeds for Seed
          Companys is not Permited, but it is on the USDA site, so I hope this
          will be posted.
          > Thank You Dan

        • manofpeace32
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2008
            I WAs just looking around for a plant related to galic mustard
            (In same genus)
            not family as the list is long, and Im not sure if they'd cross.

            the ones I was looking at that are galic mustard are.
            Alliaria petiolata , and Alliaria officinalis
            To make a hybrid that posibaly could hybrize others close By.
            (I was also thinking common buckthorn Rhamnus cathartica with native
            one in California (ah Rhamnus purshianus

            this is the kind of thing Im interested in hybridizing plants, and
            making them less invasive fighting themselves
            MAYBE Im ignorant about that

            I know they are hermapherdits, and self fertile,
            but what could it harm since they crowd out everything.
            (maybe more of a chance of bee's going from one to another
            or wind pollenation, and making the hybrids hybrize with (Alliaria
            petiolata ) others near By.
            making the plant less invasive
            (like black berries, and raspberries, creating ligonberries)
            Im just not sure how a plot of ligonberries(In CAnada)IN a row of
            blackberries could slow future genreations of invasive blackberrires.

            (I was thinking common buckthorn Rhamnus cathartica crossed with
            native one in California Rhamnus purshianus
            might also cross with others near by and make common buckthron less
            invasive from hybrization in those area's.

            Mostly wondering what a hybrid of the two buckthrons would do to the
            next generation of the invasive buckthorn,

            Im not sure if this would work but nature holds the answer some where
            I believe
            not hard to grow one California buckthorn either since you could
            always Graft onto the common common buckthorn rootstock.

            for smaller area's
            Im sure I could always just spread ground up corn(corn gluten), and
            stop all seeds from spouting invasive , and non invasive , and
            replant other native plants in the area.

            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "manofpeace32" <manofpeace32@...> wrote:

            > hey thanks very much very helpful
            > As of now Im alittle busy but I saves you message in with all
            those
            > links.
            >
            > When I wrote this It slipped my mind of some links I know of, and
            as
            > a matter of fact
            > On free cycle(A local
            >

            > 1 after you join the have over 100 forums some about native plants
            > (trading also.) (depending where your at.)
            >

            > http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/
            > this may seem over whelming

            > Got alittle ahead of myself
            > these are the trading forums
            > I hope that makes it easyer for you
            > http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/exchind/
            >
            > (

            > yguid=239347903

            technique
            > > http://afsic.nal.usda.gov/nal_display/index.php?
            > info_center=2&tax_level=2&tax_subject=298&topic_id=1430
            > > garden seeds and offering a large selection of those seeds for
            > sale. ... USDA . Economic Research Service. Data from the National
            > Plant Breeding Study
            > > Sustainable Organic Plant Breeding
            > >

            > > http://www.nsl.fs.fed.us/%c2%a0USDA Forest Service - National Seed
            > Laboratory. ...
            > > http://www.mi.nrcs.usda.gov/programs/pmc.html
            > > Plant Materials Program & National Ash Tree Seed Collection
            >
            > > These are but a few USDA sites, if you Google "USDA offering
            seeds"
            > you will find several others that may be of intrest to you, an
            maybe
            > some others in this group> >
            > > I was wondering if anyone else thinks this would be a good idea?

          • Michael Porter
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 5, 2008
              www.davesgarden.com the worlds largest plant data base, has plant trading also, --Michael

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/organichom esteadinggardeni ng/?

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/OHGtrading post/?yguid= 239347903

              wrote:

              > Hi manofpeace: Here are some USDA website links, I hope some of
              them will be of help to you, As well as others in the group
              interested in invasive plants. I also included some Organic Plant
              Breeding Information for you, an others interested in this technique
              > http://afsic. nal.usda. gov/nal_display/ index.php?
              info_center= 2&tax_level= 2&tax_subject= 298&topic_ id=1430
              > garden seeds and offering a large selection of those seeds for
              sale. ... USDA . Economic Research Service. Data from the National
              Plant Breeding Study
              > Sustainable Organic Plant Breeding
              > Louis Bolk Institute.
              > This report discusses opportunities, needs and challenges of an
              organic plant breeding system.

              > http://www.nsl. fs.fed.us/ USDA Forest Service - National Seed
              Laboratory. ... The National Seed Laboratory, operated by the USDA
              Forest Service, is the only facility of its kind. ...

              > http://www.mi. nrcs.usda. gov/programs/ pmc.html
              > Plant Materials Program & National Ash Tree Seed Collection
              Initiative ... Emerald Ash Borer Info - Web site created by the USDA,
              USDA Land Grant colleges ...

              > These are but a few USDA sites, if you Google "USDA offering seeds"
              you will find several others that may be of intrest to you, an maybe
              some others in this group. I relize that sale of seeds for Seed
              Companys is not Permited, but it is on the USDA site, so I hope this
              will be posted.
              > Thank You Dan

            • daniel wildman
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 5, 2008
                Hi  manofpeace: I am glad that some of the links were of soem help as well to some others in th PFAF group. If you come across any other links psot them I offten check some of the email post, but the are lots of repeats so its hard to keep up.
                maybe start new post for them. Anyway yes I do write poem's, check out www.poerty.com under my name.
                Thank you Daniel Wildman (there all mine)