Re: drugs are acidic

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Pat Meadows <pat@...> wrote:

      > On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:54:21 -0400, you wrote:
      >
      > >According to Dr. Robert O. Young, and the scientists who research
      acidity,
      > >drugs are acidic.
      >
      > (I can't stand it anymore, sorry.)
      >
      > That is not factual, according to my husband, who has a PhD in
      Chemical
      > Physics and has worked extensively in the drug industry as a
      software
      > engineer designing laboratory information systems and interfacing
      with the
      > chemists and technicians in the labs. (Actually, he used stronger
      words
      > than 'not factual' however.) Some drugs are acidic; some aren't.
      >
      > Think about antacids, for one. Surely anyone can realize that they
      are not
      > acidic.
      >
      > Pat
      >
      > --
      > Northern Pennsylvania
      >
      > CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
      > http://www.thehungersite.com/

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2008
        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Pat Meadows <pat@...> wrote:

        > On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:54:21 -0400, you wrote:
        >
        > >According to Dr. Robert O. Young, and the scientists who research
        acidity,
        > >drugs are acidic.
        >
        > (I can't stand it anymore, sorry.)
        >
        > That is not factual, according to my husband, who has a PhD in
        Chemical
        > Physics and has worked extensively in the drug industry as a
        software
        > engineer designing laboratory information systems and interfacing
        with the
        > chemists and technicians in the labs. (Actually, he used stronger
        words
        > than 'not factual' however.) Some drugs are acidic; some aren't.
        >
        > Think about antacids, for one. Surely anyone can realize that they
        are not
        > acidic.
        >
        > Pat
        >
        > --
        > Northern Pennsylvania
        >
        > CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
        > http://www.thehungersite.com/

        I was wondering about MDMA (Extasy)..how it is suppost to drain out
        or use up ones reserves of some chemical in the brain thus producing
        the consciousness change/euforia etc. Then I thought, does that mean
        afterwards when you recall the effect, the feeling of being in the
        communal vibrations of the 'rave', that those self same reserves are
        being drained away (man), or in actual fact if new amounts of the
        chemical are being made due to the pleasant memory actually making
        them? I.e the good train of thought creates the chemical that effects
        as euforia/connectedness. There is the comment that taking drugs is
        escapism. Thats the stock phrase. Taking a drug like MDMA in the
        right setting so that you connect with a communal reality is escaping
        from babylon scism, into a more auspicious reality, but again, one
        that 'the babylon' seek to break one away from and manifest ism and
        scism.

        At one party a guy had 'organic yohimbe' (DMT) that he said a m8 had
        made. I didn't wanna mix it with some MDMA crystal that I'd taken
        (for the first time). Suppost to be an interesting plant drug. All
        these plants/drugs can give religious type effects,
        illuminations...but people expect too much maybe and take them like
        sweeties...compared to the rigorous settings of indigenous peoples
        usage. (ritual usage, fasting beforhand etc).

        ...seems a long way from the Spiral Tribe MC bawling: "GET ON ONE,
        GET SORTED!"..maybe its not though considering the differences in
        society..

        http://www.myspace.com/spiraltribe

        der der der derrr derrr derrrr