CD on wild growing fruits, nuts and edible plants.

  • Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2008
      Dear list members,

      I am pleased inform you that I have brought out a CD, SOME WILD GROWING FRUITS, NUTS AND EDIBLE PLANTS OF THE WESTERN HIMALAYAS. This CD has basic information about 30 wild growing fruits, 11 wild growing nuts and 10 wild growing edible plants. The information has been given in 203 Power Point slides. The CD also has 153 pictures (89 of fruits, 22 of nuts and 36 of wild edible plants).

      The CD is in PDF format. The information in CD is in the form of Power Point presentations.

      My be you have seen my book, WILD FRUITS OF THE SUB-HIMALAYAN REGION, that was published in 1982. The had information about 26 wild fruits only. It had only 25 B & W plates, which were of just ordinary quality. I continued working on these plants after 1982 too and the CD is the outcome of that work.

      The CD has recently been reviewed in Summer 2007 issue of Pomona. A copy of this review is also being attached here.

      I am also sending title and the content pages of this CD as an attachment to give you a glimpse of what the CD contains. Please open the attachments to read these.

      The CD is priced US$15 which includes forwarding by air mail. The amount can be paid into my PayPal A/C parmarch_mnd@... or by Western Union Money Transfer. If you want to pay by a personal check, then there will 5 dollars extra for covering the bank charges to clear overseas checks.

      Please inform me when you transfer the money or post the check and I shall send your CD without waiting for the check to reach.

      Best regards,

      Very truly yours,

      Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
      186/3 Jail Road
      Mandi HP 175001, INDIA
      Phone: 01905-222810, 94181 - 81323
      www.fruitipedia.com

      One of the opinions about this CD:
      Dr . Chiranjit Parmer
      I have received your cd in the mail.
      i have looked over it , in alot of detail. there is alot of fantastic new information for a plant collecter/ hunter. alot of this information is very detailed and fruit orientated which is good.
      i can see that u have put alot of time and effort into producing this cd.well done!
      I found that the cd compliments your book very well, have u considered putting your book onto a cd/ combination?
      the photos are clear precise and informative . i have a greater understanding of the importance of your work on these plants and that there are still hidden secrets of the fruit world still to be researched.
      The cd has given me more insite on indian fruit culture and there importance as local produce. I certainly would like to try to grow more of these plants in my collections.
      I hope more people around the world could do this sort of work on there local hidden fruits and produce>
      I look forward to seeing more seed arrive ,very keen to give these plants a go.i also look forward to prehaps trying some of these fruits when i tour India in the near future, at least i know of what to look for.
      it was missing photos of your local ber /Ziziphus jujuba mill , and fruit? very interested in seeing local strains etc, do u have any pictures available? { leaf, fruit , tree size, branchlets}

      BEN

      Ben Waddelow

    • Hilary Robinson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2008
        The yahoo system has stripped the attachments off.
        Not sure whether you can put them on yahoo as "photos", as the freecycle lists do?
        Regards, Hilary

        To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com