RE: [pfaf] corncockle

  • Hilary Robinson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
      Only the line drawing is of Corn Cockle - see my other e-mail - the plant photos are of Lychnis coronaria (Rose Campion).
      I can't say which plant the pollen photo is of!
      Regards, Hilary (Cheshire, UK)

      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      From: Infowolf1@...
      Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 11:32:47 -0400
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] corncockle

      that is a beautiful plant, the stem looks very thorny little bitty

      thorns? unpickable?

      In a message dated 5/31/2008 12:07:45 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

      spiderman18102@... writes:

      Hi Liz: I did a short search an came up with this site

      _http://plants.http://plhttp://plantshttp://plan_ (http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=AGGI)

      since I was not sure which State you "came across it on a wild food walk" I

      hope it is of some help an may answers your questions. Dan

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
        I've just realised that one of the plant photos actually *is* Corncockle - the one with the paler pink flowers, just two flowers in the photo. Sorry. You can see it is a different plant to the Rose Campion.
        This photo did not show the first time I looked at the web site.
        And the photos from the links much lower down (the universities etc) seem to be correct.
        It's just the first two photos, showing the deep purple-pink-magenta flower with the silver leaves and stems, that are wrongly labelled.
        Regards, Hilary

        To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com