Re: [pfaf] santolina to prevent pests

  • Allmende Verden
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
      What species of santolina have you used?
      Greetings from Klaus

      Zitat von Infowolf1@...:

      > I found that planting santolina around young plants or just picking the
      > santolina and rubbing it between my hands and placing it like a barrier
      > around attacked plants, would keep slugs and snails away a long time.
      > The planting of it around a plant, in this case a baby olive tree, works
      > permanently more or less.
      >
      > Mary Christine
      >

      > **************Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with
      > Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.
      > (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)

      Artilleriestr. 6
      D-27283 Verden
      Tel (+49) 4231- 90 50 30
      Mobil (+49) 176- 23172036
      http://www.allmende.de.vu
    • Infowolf1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
        the grey one with yellow round flowers that look like chamomile
        flowers on a long stem. There is a green one, that I haven't
        tested so well yet.

        In a message dated 6/1/2008 11:26:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        allmendeperma@... writes:

        What species of santolina have you used?
        Greetings from Klaus

        Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

      • charlywhat
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2008
          Are you talking about ACHILLA SANTOLINA { Yarrow} ???? am very
          interested in researching any plant that may help with the terrible
          slug problem I have ... When I searched the name "SANTOLNIA"
          There were 5 possibilities for it all Compositae,, in the pfaf data
          base :
          http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/cgi-bin/find_lat?
          LAT=santolina&COM=&FAM=&RATING=1

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2008
            looks like cotton lavender for the gray, and holy flax for the green,
            except the holy flax picture shows a white flower and the flowers
            of the gray and green are yellow.

            In a message dated 6/6/2008 12:28:58 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
            bhyshka@... writes:

            _http://www.ibiblio.http://wwhttp://www.ibhttp_
            (http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/cgi-bin/find_lat?)
            LAT=santolina&<WBR&FAM=&RATING=1