santolina to prevent pests

  • Infowolf1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
      I found that planting santolina around young plants or just picking the
      santolina and rubbing it between my hands and placing it like a barrier
      around attacked plants, would keep slugs and snails away a long time.
      The planting of it around a plant, in this case a baby olive tree, works
      permanently more or less.

      Mary Christine

      Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

    • Allmende Verden
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
        What species of santolina have you used?
        Greetings from Klaus

        Zitat von Infowolf1@...:

        > I found that planting santolina around young plants or just picking the
        > santolina and rubbing it between my hands and placing it like a barrier
        > around attacked plants, would keep slugs and snails away a long time.
        > The planting of it around a plant, in this case a baby olive tree, works
        > permanently more or less.
        >
        > Mary Christine
        >

        > **************Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with
        > Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.
        > (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)

        Artilleriestr. 6
        D-27283 Verden
        Tel (+49) 4231- 90 50 30
        Mobil (+49) 176- 23172036
        http://www.allmende.de.vu
      • Infowolf1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
          the grey one with yellow round flowers that look like chamomile
          flowers on a long stem. There is a green one, that I haven't
          tested so well yet.

          In a message dated 6/1/2008 11:26:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
          allmendeperma@... writes:

          What species of santolina have you used?
          Greetings from Klaus

          Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

        • charlywhat
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2008
            Are you talking about ACHILLA SANTOLINA { Yarrow} ???? am very
            interested in researching any plant that may help with the terrible
            slug problem I have ... When I searched the name "SANTOLNIA"
            There were 5 possibilities for it all Compositae,, in the pfaf data
            base :
            http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/cgi-bin/find_lat?
            LAT=santolina&COM=&FAM=&RATING=1

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2008
              looks like cotton lavender for the gray, and holy flax for the green,
              except the holy flax picture shows a white flower and the flowers
              of the gray and green are yellow.

              In a message dated 6/6/2008 12:28:58 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
              bhyshka@... writes:

              _http://www.ibiblio.http://wwhttp://www.ibhttp_
              (http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/cgi-bin/find_lat?)
              LAT=santolina&<WBR&FAM=&RATING=1