Re: [pfaf] Re: Fruitpedia - Plantpedia?

  • Rick van Rein
    Message 1 of 12 , May 30 10:28 AM
      Hi,

      Wiki's are great for unstructured data. What I like about PFAF is that
      its data is actually structured (as in: it is a database). This would
      make it easier to do things like interfacing with gardener's CAD software.

      Imagine a gardener stating: "this corner gets mostly shade, is moist and
      could use some extra nitrogen, preferrably something purple" and then
      getting a list returned. That sort of thing is only possible with the
      structured data of a database, not with wikified information.

      -Rick