Siberian ginseng

  • bastianklara <lena.israelsson@chello.se>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
      Has anyone experience of growing Siberian ginseng (Eleuterococcus
      senticosus? I red somewhere that you can plant a 2 meter high hedge
      of Siberian ginseng? Imagine that!!! In China and Russia this plant
      is used widely (also by astronauts) because it makes you more stress
      tolerant. It´s interesting that you don´t only use the root, but also
      the leaves. If this plant is as fantastic as Russian scientists say,
      why don´t we grow it in Europe??
      lena i
    • Boomverzorging VZW
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
        Here in Belgium we grow Eleutherococcus sieboldiana, E. simonii en E. henrii in the garden. E. henrii doesn't grow well, the other are excellent plants that grow rather easy. The name has been changed from Acanthopanax to Eleutherococcus, what could caus esome confusion.

        Wim peeters
        Belgium

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2003
          Is Eleutherococcus sieboldiana decorative in the garden, or should it only be growned as a medicinal plant. I also wonder if sieboldiana has the same properties as senticosus.  .
          lena i/sweden

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2003
            As far as I know hass Eleutherococcus sieboldii no medical use. You can find more info at : http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/D_search.html

            The plant has only little ornamental value, no big colourful flowers, nor fruits.

            Wim peeters