Re: [pfaf] Kathleen Jannaway

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2003
      I'd just like to add a few thoughts:

      Kathleen was a big supporter of PFAF and our work and has helped us
      through some difficult times.

      We can certainly say that she and the MCL have been a big influence
      on the ethics behind pfaf. The plant and tree based focus behind MCL
      is something we beleive to be very valuable.

      I personally never met Kathleen but others in the project have
      and talk about her with high regard.

      A long time ago before I had ever heard about Plants For A Future
      and just after I became a Vegan I found the MCL's booklets and they
      were a great infulence on me. I particularly remember the poster
      of the tree and all its uses.

      I'd like to think that PFAF will help keep the sprit of Katheleens
      work alive.

      Rich

      Graham Burnett wrote:

      > Founder of the Movement for Compassionate Living, author of the inspiring
      > book 'Abundant Living in the Coming Age of the Tree' and early vegan pioneer
      > Kathleen Jannaway very sadly died earlier today.
      >
      > >From the MCL website;
      > http://www.mclveganway.org.uk/
      >
      > "We are sad to announce that Kathleen Jannaway,
      > co-founder of MCL and former secretary of the Vegan Society (UK),
      > passed away peacefully in her sleep early on 27 January 2003, in her local
      > cottage hospital."
      >
      > best wishes to all, Graham

      p.s. Can I take this opportunity to encourage to you to join our
      friends of Plants For A Future membership scheme. Membership is only
      £10 a year (£15 overseas) and we are trying to recruit 1000 friends
      in the coming year. If we can reach this target then we will be
      able to secure the land for our demonstration gardens and visitors
      centre in Devon which could become a shining example of woodland
      gardening, sustainability, and the use of perennial plants.
      See http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/friends.html for details.

      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Web: http://www.pfaf.org/ := http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/