Re: [pfaf] Re: stevia rebaudiana

  • hugo makepeace
    Message 1 of 19 , May 13, 2008
      thanks for that info Javier. I guess that is enough to know re: effects on environment... unless it has other effects on wildlife... ( unlikely).. i wonder also whether rabbits would like it, as there are rather a lot around the farm. Hopefully it will be too sweet for them... and i believe it is too sweet for kids to want to eat too much of it... a little goes a long way in keeping your mouth sweet, but without the sugar "rush" which creates the cravings and addiction.... no, the reason behind its outlawing in this country is the states, is simply the potential threat it poses to the sugar industry, once more and more people become aware of this alternative without the various damaging effects of refined sugar...

      ...am still looking for any scientific evidence for stevia's rumoured ill effects...

      ...or any t`o the contrary!

      many thanks once again to all taking interest. God Bless

      Javier Cosp <jcosp@...> wrote: I use it every morning to sweet my tea with no side effect until now.

      It is a native specie here in Paraguay. It is a fragil plant, so
      it wont become a invasive specie in England. But I dont know about
      another side effect on the environment.

      I think it is a difference to sell it like a sweetener or with medical
      purposes. As a sweetener children could intake a lot of it with their
      soft drinks, cokes and all that stuff, so it could reach a too high level
      of consume.