RE: [pfaf] Re: Biodynamics from a scientific angle

  • ingrid glass
    Message 1 of 12 , May 8, 2008
      Hi Vic,

      I remember one of the series about Kew Gardens on BBC had a bit about a horticultural student there who for her project planted one half of her vegetable plot according to lunar cycle, and the other half not, tho' treated exactly the same otherwise. The first results were disappointing but it was discovered that the irrigation system on the lunar side hadn't been working properly. After that, there was a really significant difference in the output of the two sides, with the lunar side much more abundant for every crop. Her tutor had been very sceptical at the outset of the experiment, and was surprised at the result. I remember she was out at all hours planting according to the moon. I'm afraid that's all I can remember though! I don't recall them explaining why the lunar side was so much more successful, whether it was to do with water or nutrient uptake related to the pull of the moon. You could try contacting the School of Horticulture at Kew for further information?

      Ingrid

      ________________________________

      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      From: vic_doyle@...
      Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:49:05 +0000
      Subject: [pfaf] Re: Biodynamics from a scientific angle

      Thank you very much for your response, I will contact you and send
      you a copy of my work at the same time as others. Together you will
      form a feedback network for me, and that would be a good time to
      create the website. My work has reached a point where I can prove
      that the lunar cycle leaves a mark on plant life, a structural mark
      which provides a stronger "physical direction" a "backbone" for
      growth to develop well.

      Vic

      Great deals on almost anything at eBay.co.uk. Search, bid, find and win on eBay today!
      http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000004ukm/direct/01/
    • Steve Sainsbury
      Message 2 of 12 , May 8, 2008
        Hi,
        I'm assuming you're all capable of googling "biodynamic" and coming up with
        Steiner and the other common threads, but maybe you won't find Jeff Poppen.
        Jeff is known as the Barefoot Farmer, and he's from Tennessee - you can
        catch a gimpse here - http://www.barefootfarmer.com/
        Obviously a site can't replace meeting someone in person, but he's a great
        guy, and extremely knowlegeable. He's the person who introduced me to
        compost teas (a book's worth of material all on it's own).

        Hope you get something good from it.

        Peace,

        Steve.

      • Infowolf1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , May 8, 2008
          please send me a copy too!

          --- In _pfaf@..._ (mailto:pfaf@yahoogroups.com) , Rick van Rein
          <rick@...> wrote:

> [...]
          approached,
          > that is: with verifying groups planten at random times but
          furthermore
          > under the same (documented) circumstances, with all the conditions
          of the
          > tests made explicit, and with an explicit hypothesis that you are
          trying
          > to (dis)prove based on sound statistical assumptions. Failure is to
          > (dis)prove a hypthesis would also be a result, and interesting to
          know of.
          > The whole idea of a scientific approach is that such research could
          be
          > repeated elsewhere under the same conditions, to verify if the same
          > conclusion can be reached.
          >
          > What I'm trying to say is that you don't need to be a scientist to
          do
          > scientific research, although talking to one about your approach
          could
          > be useful. I'm only a PhD in computer science, making me a less
          suitable
          > methodical source to talk to. I'm sure there are enough scientists
          in
          > botanical or farming research who would be quite willing to help you
          > come up with verifiable scientific evidence.
          >
          > > I've made some
          > > great breakthroughs in this and I'd like to hear others'
          experiences.

          > Which of course are not necessarily of a scientific nature, and
          must be
          > treated accordingly unless evidence of the contrary is provided
          along
          > with the observations/ with the observations/<WBR>experiences. The
          far
          > as I am concerned) that lots of people are waiting for is objective,
          > comparative proofs or disprovals of the statements made by
          biodynamics.

          > Totally independently, it would be interesting to know if the moon
          works
          > on water, nutrients carried in water, if it works on the seed's
          willingness
          > to sprout, if a cow's horn can be substituted with X, and any such
          effects
          > that explain HOW things work -- but that will only secondary to
          gardeners
          > or farmers, who just want to see IF it works, based on a scientific
          > approach.
          >
          > > For those not sure what biodynamics is, email me and I will get
          some
          > > information out to you.
          >
          > If you have a website on your work, please send a URL to the
          mailing list,
          > even if it's work in progress. It'll be great to see what is going
          on,
          > and where you are heading with your research.
          >
          > Thank you for stirring up an interesting line of discussion. I
          would like
          > to get some more information on biodynamics anyway, it's a tickling

          favorites at AOL Food.

        • Kate
          Message 4 of 12 , May 10, 2008
            Hi there all,
            Garden Organic in the UK has planted a biodynamic garden; see this link;
            http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/gardens/biodynamic.php

            I started getting interested in this last year and can see why the moon may have an influence
            on life. But I cannot get my head round some of the other stuff- a bit too psuedo science/
            religion for my liking- but I am prepared to be proved wrong. However I do believe in
            spiritual forces and I know that on the nano level there is a whole lot of strange physics going
            on that no-one really understands yet. Looking forward to reading how people get on.
            Best wishes
            Kate
          • vic_doyle
            Message 5 of 12 , May 13, 2008
              Thanks for your interest, I will be circulating a paper for comments
              on quite soon. My findings so far have led me to specific evidence of
              lunation influence on the strength and rigidity of plants and trees
              at both a cellular and holistic level.

              The attached link is to an active site, and also information on the
              first biodynamic visitor garden in the UK!

              http://www.biodynamic.org.uk/Research.htm

              --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "vic_doyle" <vic_doyle@...> wrote:

              > I am doing some serious research into biodynamics, particularly the
              > effect of the moons phases on plant and tree growth. I've made some
              > great breakthroughs in this and I'd like to hear others'
              experiences. I
              > intend to publish all my findings and I will credit all sources
              > accordingly.
              >
              > For those not sure what biodynamics is, email me and I will get
              some
              > information out to you.
              >
              > Many Thanks
              >
              > Vic Doyle

            • vic_doyle
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 12, 2008
                Thankyou all for responding in interest to the Biodynamic study I am
                doing.
                Please email me at vic_doyle@... and I'll send you the mini
                report I have compiled.

                Please send your comments back to me within a week.

                Please credit this information as Victor Doyle's LYDIA theory.

                Many Thanks

                Vic
              • ossi
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 12, 2008
                  Hello!

                  Great, I would love to read your mini report!

                  Ossi Kakko
                  ossi@...

                  > Thankyou all for responding in interest to the Biodynamic study I am
                  > doing.
                  > Please email me at vic_doyle@... and I'll send you the mini
                  > report I have compiled.
                  >
                  > Please send your comments back to me within a week.
                  >
                  > Please credit this information as Victor Doyle's LYDIA theory.
                  >
                  > Many Thanks
                  >
                  > Vic

                • Vic Doyle
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 12, 2008
                    Vic Doyle
                    Arts Development Officer
                    Creative Communities
                    Cwmaman Communities First

                    The Library
                    Cwmaman Hall & Institute
                    Fforchaman Rd
                    Cwmaman
                    Aberdare
                    Rhondda Cynon Taff

                    Telephone 01685 887120
                    Mobile 07752475556

                    vic_doyle@...

                    Great, I would love to read your mini report!

                    Ossi Kakko
                    ossi@...

                    > Thankyou all for responding in interest to the Biodynamic study I am
                    > doing.
                    > Please email me at vic_doyle@yahoo. co.uk and I'll send you the mini
                    > report I have compiled.
                    >
                    > Please send your comments back to me within a week.
                    >
                    > Please credit this information as Victor Doyle's LYDIA theory.
                    >
                    > Many Thanks
                    >
                    > Vic

                  • jayabuddhi2006
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 13, 2008
                      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "vic_doyle" <vic_doyle@...> wrote:

                      > Thankyou all for responding in interest to the Biodynamic study I am
                      > doing.
                      > Please email me at vic_doyle@... and I'll send you the mini
                      > report I have compiled.
                      >
                      > Please send your comments back to me within a week.
                      >
                      > Please credit this information as Victor Doyle's LYDIA theory.
                      >
                      > Many Thanks
                      >
                      > Vic

                      Dear Vic
                      I m organic farmer from Sri Lanka . Please send me your Mini Report .
                      Because I have very keen interest in organic farming . and also I am
                      looking for a practical work study program me