Re: Biodynamics from a scientific angle

  • vic_doyle
    Message 1 of 12 , May 8, 2008
      Thank you very much for your response, I will contact you and send
      you a copy of my work at the same time as others. Together you will
      form a feedback network for me, and that would be a good time to
      create the website. My work has reached a point where I can prove
      that the lunar cycle leaves a mark on plant life, a structural mark
      which provides a stronger "physical direction" a "backbone" for
      growth to develop well.

      Vic

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Rick van Rein <rick@...> wrote:

> [...]
      approached,
      > that is: with verifying groups planten at random times but
      furthermore
      > under the same (documented) circumstances, with all the conditions
      of the
      > tests made explicit, and with an explicit hypothesis that you are
      trying
      > to (dis)prove based on sound statistical assumptions. Failure is to
      > (dis)prove a hypthesis would also be a result, and interesting to
      know of.
      > The whole idea of a scientific approach is that such research could
      be
      > repeated elsewhere under the same conditions, to verify if the same
      > conclusion can be reached.
      >
      > What I'm trying to say is that you don't need to be a scientist to
      do
      > scientific research, although talking to one about your approach
      could
      > be useful. I'm only a PhD in computer science, making me a less
      suitable
      > methodical source to talk to. I'm sure there are enough scientists
      in
      > botanical or farming research who would be quite willing to help you
      > come up with verifiable scientific evidence.
      >
      > > I've made some
      > > great breakthroughs in this and I'd like to hear others'
      experiences.

      > Which of course are not necessarily of a scientific nature, and
      must be
      > treated accordingly unless evidence of the contrary is provided
      along
      > with the observations/experiences. The biodynamic breakthrough (as
      far
      > as I am concerned) that lots of people are waiting for is objective,
      > comparative proofs or disprovals of the statements made by
      biodynamics.

      > Totally independently, it would be interesting to know if the moon
      works
      > on water, nutrients carried in water, if it works on the seed's
      willingness
      > to sprout, if a cow's horn can be substituted with X, and any such
      effects
      > that explain HOW things work -- but that will only secondary to
      gardeners
      > or farmers, who just want to see IF it works, based on a scientific
      > approach.
      >
      > > For those not sure what biodynamics is, email me and I will get
      some
      > > information out to you.
      >
      > If you have a website on your work, please send a URL to the
      mailing list,
      > even if it's work in progress. It'll be great to see what is going
      on,
      > and where you are heading with your research.
      >
      > Thank you for stirring up an interesting line of discussion. I
      would like
      > to get some more information on biodynamics anyway, it's a tickling

    • ingrid glass
      Message 2 of 12 , May 8, 2008
        Hi Vic,

        I remember one of the series about Kew Gardens on BBC had a bit about a horticultural student there who for her project planted one half of her vegetable plot according to lunar cycle, and the other half not, tho' treated exactly the same otherwise. The first results were disappointing but it was discovered that the irrigation system on the lunar side hadn't been working properly. After that, there was a really significant difference in the output of the two sides, with the lunar side much more abundant for every crop. Her tutor had been very sceptical at the outset of the experiment, and was surprised at the result. I remember she was out at all hours planting according to the moon. I'm afraid that's all I can remember though! I don't recall them explaining why the lunar side was so much more successful, whether it was to do with water or nutrient uptake related to the pull of the moon. You could try contacting the School of Horticulture at Kew for further information?

        Ingrid

        ________________________________

        To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
        From: vic_doyle@...
        Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:49:05 +0000
        Subject: [pfaf] Re: Biodynamics from a scientific angle

        Thank you very much for your response, I will contact you and send
        you a copy of my work at the same time as others. Together you will
        form a feedback network for me, and that would be a good time to
        create the website. My work has reached a point where I can prove
        that the lunar cycle leaves a mark on plant life, a structural mark
        which provides a stronger "physical direction" a "backbone" for
        growth to develop well.

        Vic

        Great deals on almost anything at eBay.co.uk. Search, bid, find and win on eBay today!
        http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000004ukm/direct/01/
      • Steve Sainsbury
        Message 3 of 12 , May 8, 2008
          Hi,
          I'm assuming you're all capable of googling "biodynamic" and coming up with
          Steiner and the other common threads, but maybe you won't find Jeff Poppen.
          Jeff is known as the Barefoot Farmer, and he's from Tennessee - you can
          catch a gimpse here - http://www.barefootfarmer.com/
          Obviously a site can't replace meeting someone in person, but he's a great
          guy, and extremely knowlegeable. He's the person who introduced me to
          compost teas (a book's worth of material all on it's own).

          Hope you get something good from it.

          Peace,

          Steve.

        • Infowolf1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , May 8, 2008
            please send me a copy too!

            --- In _pfaf@..._ (mailto:pfaf@yahoogroups.com) , Rick van Rein
            <rick@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > to sprout, if a cow's horn can be substituted with X, and any such
            effects
            > that explain HOW things work -- but that will only secondary to
            gardeners
            > or farmers, who just want to see IF it works, based on a scientific
            > approach.
            >
            > > For those not sure what biodynamics is, email me and I will get
            some
            > > information out to you.
            >
            > If you have a website on your work, please send a URL to the
            mailing list,
            > even if it's work in progress. It'll be great to see what is going
            on,
            > and where you are heading with your research.
            >
            > Thank you for stirring up an interesting line of discussion. I
            would like
            > to get some more information on biodynamics anyway, it's a tickling

            favorites at AOL Food.

          • Kate
            Message 5 of 12 , May 10, 2008
              Hi there all,
              Garden Organic in the UK has planted a biodynamic garden; see this link;
              http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/gardens/biodynamic.php

              I started getting interested in this last year and can see why the moon may have an influence
              on life. But I cannot get my head round some of the other stuff- a bit too psuedo science/
              religion for my liking- but I am prepared to be proved wrong. However I do believe in
              spiritual forces and I know that on the nano level there is a whole lot of strange physics going
              on that no-one really understands yet. Looking forward to reading how people get on.
              Best wishes
              Kate
            • vic_doyle
              Message 6 of 12 , May 13, 2008
                Thanks for your interest, I will be circulating a paper for comments
                on quite soon. My findings so far have led me to specific evidence of
                lunation influence on the strength and rigidity of plants and trees
                at both a cellular and holistic level.

                The attached link is to an active site, and also information on the
                first biodynamic visitor garden in the UK!

                http://www.biodynamic.org.uk/Research.htm

                --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "vic_doyle" <vic_doyle@...> wrote:

                > I am doing some serious research into biodynamics, particularly the
                > effect of the moons phases on plant and tree growth. I've made some
                > great breakthroughs in this and I'd like to hear others'
                experiences. I
                > intend to publish all my findings and I will credit all sources
                > accordingly.
                >
                > For those not sure what biodynamics is, email me and I will get
                some
                > information out to you.
                >
                > Many Thanks
                >
                > Vic Doyle

              • vic_doyle
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 12, 2008
                  Thankyou all for responding in interest to the Biodynamic study I am
                  doing.
                  Please email me at vic_doyle@... and I'll send you the mini
                  report I have compiled.

                  Please send your comments back to me within a week.

                  Please credit this information as Victor Doyle's LYDIA theory.

                  Many Thanks

                  Vic
                • ossi
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 12, 2008
                    Hello!

                    Great, I would love to read your mini report!

                    Ossi Kakko
                    ossi@...

                    > Thankyou all for responding in interest to the Biodynamic study I am
                    > doing.
                    > Please email me at vic_doyle@... and I'll send you the mini
                    > report I have compiled.
                    >
                    > Please send your comments back to me within a week.
                    >
                    > Please credit this information as Victor Doyle's LYDIA theory.
                    >
                    > Many Thanks
                    >
                    > Vic

                  • Vic Doyle
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 12, 2008
                      Vic Doyle
                      Arts Development Officer
                      Creative Communities
                      Cwmaman Communities First

                      The Library
                      Cwmaman Hall & Institute
                      Fforchaman Rd
                      Cwmaman
                      Aberdare
                      Rhondda Cynon Taff

                      Telephone 01685 887120
                      Mobile 07752475556

                      vic_doyle@...

                      Great, I would love to read your mini report!

                      Ossi Kakko
                      ossi@...

                      > Thankyou all for responding in interest to the Biodynamic study I am
                      > doing.
                      > Please email me at vic_doyle@yahoo. co.uk and I'll send you the mini
                      > report I have compiled.
                      >
                      > Please send your comments back to me within a week.
                      >
                      > Please credit this information as Victor Doyle's LYDIA theory.
                      >
                      > Many Thanks
                      >
                      > Vic

                    • jayabuddhi2006
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 13, 2008
                        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "vic_doyle" <vic_doyle@...> wrote:

                        > Thankyou all for responding in interest to the Biodynamic study I am
                        > doing.
                        > Please email me at vic_doyle@... and I'll send you the mini
                        > report I have compiled.
                        >
                        > Please send your comments back to me within a week.
                        >
                        > Please credit this information as Victor Doyle's LYDIA theory.
                        >
                        > Many Thanks
                        >
                        > Vic

                        Dear Vic
                        I m organic farmer from Sri Lanka . Please send me your Mini Report .
                        Because I have very keen interest in organic farming . and also I am
                        looking for a practical work study program me