Biodynamics-Moon Phases

  • Dorothy Pagano
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2008
      I would like very much to learn of your research. I knew there was one
      university professor who was able to document significant differences in
      growing above ground crops during waxing moon ("better" plants) and those
      above ground crops he planted during waning moons (weaker plants or no
      sprouting at all). However, I have no further information as to who or
      where this study took place. I myself have just begun to garden in this way
      (as to moon phases) and do not have the time or energy to do a varible
      trial. If I find/have reliable experiences will certainly contact you.

      Right now I am concentrating on trying to plant as to the moon phases while
      simultaneously doing companion planting.

      Regards, Mvhayv

      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2008
        Hi,

        I am very much interested of this research and where are you located ...
        Years ago I participated in a very deep seminar on plant regeneration and
        antroposophic science by G. W. Schmidt, which was one of his last seminars
        and kind of overview of his work. He was third generation researcher on
        biodynamics - it was translated from german into finnish and russian.
        There are lots of people connected in Finland through his courses and I
        can serve as information carrier in between if you wish - but for that I
        would need to know more about your research. I could also try to reach the
        russian participants as they have had their projects going on too... I've
        also been studying work of Maria and Mathias Thun and one person I know is
        currently running extremely detailed research on these issues here in
        Fennoscandia.

        It's springtime and I'm busy gardening - so will be back in detail a bit
        later. At the moment from microclimatical perspective the element of water
        seems dominant which means formation of leaf growth and with downward
        going moon cycle - I'm busy planting and transplanting leafy vegetables -
        and this element will surely change soon so then I will probably plant
        still plums, apples and sea buckthorn, - but overall after few days the
        moon cycle starts to rise up and I will focus in harvesting springshoots
        of wild plants and sowing more plants... that's the way I observe - very
        simple practice - not so much research as I have no controls but anyway -
        but there are people around who do a bit more serious research in terms of
        science and I can help contacting them if that's what you're in for ....

        cordially,
        ossi kakko