Re: [pfaf] Loquats

  • Griselda Mussett
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2008
      Here in S E England the loquat grows very happily and evergreen in our
      tiny garden where it is sheltered from north and easterly winds, but we
      have never seen it flower or fruit.
      It is a lovely thing to look at though, with its elegant white bud
      'candles' and massive leaves. Everyone admires it.
      It is easy to prune and shape and I have seen it used in formal topiary
      in other gardens.
      A marvellous plant. If global warming hots us up a bit more, I'd be
      fascinated to see if it could become more productive.
      Griselda

    • catzcatz4@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2008
        Hi Griselda,

        I live in England, UK, and would be interested in trying to grow some, especially if you can provide me some directions as I am a starter in fruit n veg and permaculture etc.? Not sure our climate would suffice as its miserably cold much of the year I'm afraid to say.? If its not too much trouble and cost to you I would like to try to grow them and its nice to be from you and not a garden centre.?

        My address is:? Val Eves-Down, 'Rainbow Cottage', 8 Redhills Close, Maulden, Bedfordshire MK45 2GA (its not a real cottage but is in a village ! one day who knows !? anyway, I understand if its too much to send.

        Keep well and kind regards,

        Valerie