Biodynamics

  • vic_doyle
    Message 1 of 12 , May 6 2:41 AM
      I am doing some serious research into biodynamics, particularly the
      effect of the moons phases on plant and tree growth. I've made some
      great breakthroughs in this and I'd like to hear others' experiences. I
      intend to publish all my findings and I will credit all sources
      accordingly.

      For those not sure what biodynamics is, email me and I will get some
      information out to you.

      Many Thanks

      Vic Doyle
    • Rick van Rein
      Message 2 of 12 , May 7 3:17 AM
        Hello Vic and others,

        I am responding to your message in the hope that you are being as ernest
        as I hope you are about showing if/how biodynamics works. I think many
        of us are eager to learn some hard evidence on this interesting topic!

        > I am doing some serious research into biodynamics, particularly the
        > effect of the moons phases on plant and tree growth.

        That's very interesting, especially if it is scientifically approached,
        that is: with verifying groups planten at random times but furthermore
        under the same (documented) circumstances, with all the conditions of the
        tests made explicit, and with an explicit hypothesis that you are trying
        to (dis)prove based on sound statistical assumptions. Failure is to
        (dis)prove a hypthesis would also be a result, and interesting to know of.
        The whole idea of a scientific approach is that such research could be
        repeated elsewhere under the same conditions, to verify if the same
        conclusion can be reached.

        What I'm trying to say is that you don't need to be a scientist to do
        scientific research, although talking to one about your approach could
        be useful. I'm only a PhD in computer science, making me a less suitable
        methodical source to talk to. I'm sure there are enough scientists in
        botanical or farming research who would be quite willing to help you
        come up with verifiable scientific evidence.

        > I've made some
        > great breakthroughs in this and I'd like to hear others' experiences.

        Which of course are not necessarily of a scientific nature, and must be
        treated accordingly unless evidence of the contrary is provided along
        with the observations/experiences. The biodynamic breakthrough (as far
        as I am concerned) that lots of people are waiting for is objective,
        comparative proofs or disprovals of the statements made by biodynamics.

        Totally independently, it would be interesting to know if the moon works
        on water, nutrients carried in water, if it works on the seed's willingness
        to sprout, if a cow's horn can be substituted with X, and any such effects
        that explain HOW things work -- but that will only secondary to gardeners
        or farmers, who just want to see IF it works, based on a scientific
        approach.

        > For those not sure what biodynamics is, email me and I will get some
        > information out to you.

        If you have a website on your work, please send a URL to the mailing list,
        even if it's work in progress. It'll be great to see what is going on,
        and where you are heading with your research.

        Thank you for stirring up an interesting line of discussion. I would like
        to get some more information on biodynamics anyway, it's a tickling topic
        to me.

        Kind regards,

        Dr.ir. Rick van Rein
        GroenGemak
        The Netherlands

        http://groengemak.nl/en/
      • vic_doyle
        Message 3 of 12 , May 8 4:49 AM
          Thank you very much for your response, I will contact you and send
          you a copy of my work at the same time as others. Together you will
          form a feedback network for me, and that would be a good time to
          create the website. My work has reached a point where I can prove
          that the lunar cycle leaves a mark on plant life, a structural mark
          which provides a stronger "physical direction" a "backbone" for
          growth to develop well.

          Vic

          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Rick van Rein <rick@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > to sprout, if a cow's horn can be substituted with X, and any such
          effects
          > that explain HOW things work -- but that will only secondary to
          gardeners
          > or farmers, who just want to see IF it works, based on a scientific
          > approach.
          >
          > > For those not sure what biodynamics is, email me and I will get
          some
          > > information out to you.
          >
          > If you have a website on your work, please send a URL to the
          mailing list,
          > even if it's work in progress. It'll be great to see what is going
          on,
          > and where you are heading with your research.
          >
          > Thank you for stirring up an interesting line of discussion. I
          would like
          > to get some more information on biodynamics anyway, it's a tickling

        • ingrid glass
          Message 4 of 12 , May 8 6:51 AM
            Hi Vic,

            I remember one of the series about Kew Gardens on BBC had a bit about a horticultural student there who for her project planted one half of her vegetable plot according to lunar cycle, and the other half not, tho' treated exactly the same otherwise. The first results were disappointing but it was discovered that the irrigation system on the lunar side hadn't been working properly. After that, there was a really significant difference in the output of the two sides, with the lunar side much more abundant for every crop. Her tutor had been very sceptical at the outset of the experiment, and was surprised at the result. I remember she was out at all hours planting according to the moon. I'm afraid that's all I can remember though! I don't recall them explaining why the lunar side was so much more successful, whether it was to do with water or nutrient uptake related to the pull of the moon. You could try contacting the School of Horticulture at Kew for further information?

            Ingrid

            ________________________________

            To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
            From: vic_doyle@...
            Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:49:05 +0000
            Subject: [pfaf] Re: Biodynamics from a scientific angle

            Thank you very much for your response, I will contact you and send
            you a copy of my work at the same time as others. Together you will
            form a feedback network for me, and that would be a good time to
            create the website. My work has reached a point where I can prove
            that the lunar cycle leaves a mark on plant life, a structural mark
            which provides a stronger "physical direction" a "backbone" for
            growth to develop well.

            Vic

            Great deals on almost anything at eBay.co.uk. Search, bid, find and win on eBay today!
            http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000004ukm/direct/01/
          • Steve Sainsbury
            Message 5 of 12 , May 8 7:00 PM
              Hi,
              I'm assuming you're all capable of googling "biodynamic" and coming up with
              Steiner and the other common threads, but maybe you won't find Jeff Poppen.
              Jeff is known as the Barefoot Farmer, and he's from Tennessee - you can
              catch a gimpse here - http://www.barefootfarmer.com/
              Obviously a site can't replace meeting someone in person, but he's a great
              guy, and extremely knowlegeable. He's the person who introduced me to
              compost teas (a book's worth of material all on it's own).

              Hope you get something good from it.

              Peace,

              Steve.

            • Infowolf1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , May 8 7:02 PM
                please send me a copy too!

                --- In _pfaf@..._ (mailto:pfaf@yahoogroups.com) , Rick van Rein
                <rick@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > to sprout, if a cow's horn can be substituted with X, and any such
                effects
                > that explain HOW things work -- but that will only secondary to
                gardeners
                > or farmers, who just want to see IF it works, based on a scientific
                > approach.
                >
                > > For those not sure what biodynamics is, email me and I will get
                some
                > > information out to you.
                >
                > If you have a website on your work, please send a URL to the
                mailing list,
                > even if it's work in progress. It'll be great to see what is going
                on,
                > and where you are heading with your research.
                >
                > Thank you for stirring up an interesting line of discussion. I
                would like
                > to get some more information on biodynamics anyway, it's a tickling

                favorites at AOL Food.

              • Kate
                Message 7 of 12 , May 10 12:50 AM
                  Hi there all,
                  Garden Organic in the UK has planted a biodynamic garden; see this link;
                  http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/gardens/biodynamic.php

                  I started getting interested in this last year and can see why the moon may have an influence
                  on life. But I cannot get my head round some of the other stuff- a bit too psuedo science/
                  religion for my liking- but I am prepared to be proved wrong. However I do believe in
                  spiritual forces and I know that on the nano level there is a whole lot of strange physics going
                  on that no-one really understands yet. Looking forward to reading how people get on.
                  Best wishes
                  Kate
                • vic_doyle
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 13 9:14 AM
                    Thanks for your interest, I will be circulating a paper for comments
                    on quite soon. My findings so far have led me to specific evidence of
                    lunation influence on the strength and rigidity of plants and trees
                    at both a cellular and holistic level.

                    The attached link is to an active site, and also information on the
                    first biodynamic visitor garden in the UK!

                    http://www.biodynamic.org.uk/Research.htm

                    --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "vic_doyle" <vic_doyle@...> wrote:

                    > I am doing some serious research into biodynamics, particularly the
                    > effect of the moons phases on plant and tree growth. I've made some
                    > great breakthroughs in this and I'd like to hear others'
                    experiences. I
                    > intend to publish all my findings and I will credit all sources
                    > accordingly.
                    >
                    > For those not sure what biodynamics is, email me and I will get
                    some
                    > information out to you.
                    >
                    > Many Thanks
                    >
                    > Vic Doyle

                  • vic_doyle
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 12, 2008
                      Thankyou all for responding in interest to the Biodynamic study I am
                      doing.
                      Please email me at vic_doyle@... and I'll send you the mini
                      report I have compiled.

                      Please send your comments back to me within a week.

                      Please credit this information as Victor Doyle's LYDIA theory.

                      Many Thanks

                      Vic
                    • ossi
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 12, 2008
                        Hello!

                        Great, I would love to read your mini report!

                        Ossi Kakko
                        ossi@...

                        > Thankyou all for responding in interest to the Biodynamic study I am
                        > doing.
                        > Please email me at vic_doyle@... and I'll send you the mini
                        > report I have compiled.
                        >
                        > Please send your comments back to me within a week.
                        >
                        > Please credit this information as Victor Doyle's LYDIA theory.
                        >
                        > Many Thanks
                        >
                        > Vic

                      • Vic Doyle
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 12, 2008
                          Vic Doyle
                          Arts Development Officer
                          Creative Communities
                          Cwmaman Communities First

                          The Library
                          Cwmaman Hall & Institute
                          Fforchaman Rd
                          Cwmaman
                          Aberdare
                          Rhondda Cynon Taff

                          Telephone 01685 887120
                          Mobile 07752475556

                          vic_doyle@...

                          Great, I would love to read your mini report!

                          Ossi Kakko
                          ossi@...

                          > Thankyou all for responding in interest to the Biodynamic study I am
                          > doing.
                          > Please email me at vic_doyle@yahoo. co.uk and I'll send you the mini
                          > report I have compiled.
                          >
                          > Please send your comments back to me within a week.
                          >
                          > Please credit this information as Victor Doyle's LYDIA theory.
                          >
                          > Many Thanks
                          >
                          > Vic

                        • jayabuddhi2006
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 13, 2008
                            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "vic_doyle" <vic_doyle@...> wrote:

                            > Thankyou all for responding in interest to the Biodynamic study I am
                            > doing.
                            > Please email me at vic_doyle@... and I'll send you the mini
                            > report I have compiled.
                            >
                            > Please send your comments back to me within a week.
                            >
                            > Please credit this information as Victor Doyle's LYDIA theory.
                            >
                            > Many Thanks
                            >
                            > Vic

                            Dear Vic
                            I m organic farmer from Sri Lanka . Please send me your Mini Report .
                            Because I have very keen interest in organic farming . and also I am
                            looking for a practical work study program me