Loquats

  • edgegardener
    Message 1 of 6 , May 5, 2008
      Our vonlunteer loquat tree is loaded this year, and we will be
      harvesting and eating or drying them furiously before the apartment
      landscapers clean the tree.
      They grow well in light-frost areas , such as here in coastal
      California, or maybe as a conservatory tree. Fast growing, big shiney
      leaves, great shade and wonderful fruit.
      Would anyone like seeds ? Send me private email!
      Clear skies
      lc carol
    • Thomas Shelley
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2008
        At 07:15 PM 5/5/2008 +0000, you wrote:

        >Our vonlunteer loquat tree is loaded this year, and we will be
        >harvesting and eating or drying them furiously before the apartment
        >landscapers clean the tree.
        >They grow well in light-frost areas , such as here in coastal
        >California, or maybe as a conservatory tree. Fast growing, big shiney
        >leaves, great shade and wonderful fruit.
        >Would anyone like seeds ? Send me private email!
        >Clear skies

        Dear Friend--Clear skies here today as well. I would like a seeds to try to
        plant here. We're zone 5 (or maybe 4.5 by now?) in S. Central NY St. I'd
        probably keep the plant inside. Thanks. Tom

        Tom Shelley
        118 E. Court St.
        Ithaca, NY 14850
        607 342-0864
        tjs1@...
        http://www.myspace.com/99319958
        P I thank you for printing this e-mail only if it is necessary

        "Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present
        without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own
        needs."

        The World Commission on Environment and Development,
        Gro Harlem Brundtland
        Our Common Future, Oxford University Press, 1987

        MY NOTE: Sustainable development does not mean "sustainable growth" as
        growth per se is not sustainable. And the term "sustainable" has to mean
        "for a very long time" (A. Bartlett).

        "The frog does not drink up the pond in which he lives." Sioux proverb

      • Infowolf1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2008
          Loquat LEAVES are very useful. They will stop most viruses in their
          tracks, take at least five leaves preferably mature, cut up and bring to
          boil, turn off and cool down, reheat and cool a second time and the fluid
          is red, drink this two or three times a day for two or three days and
          it will knock out any viral cold.

          It MIGHT hit other viruses, I remember I was a lot less chronic fatigueish
          after my first use.

          The fruit seeds have amygdalen aka laetrille, a cyanide precursor in
          them, apparently this is a kind of chemotherapy, kill weak cells and let
          strong ones live, so two or three seeds chewed a day can be used on
          cancer.

          The leaves antiviral element could be anything, don't give any of this
          to pregnant women, and be careful and research species specific
          toxicity issues before trying it on pets.

          I have only brewed from fresh leaves I don't know if dried leaves are
          good or not. This is a little known cure out of Chinese medicine, and
          maybe you could test dry leaves on a flu or cold and see if they work.

          If some horrible viral outbreak occurs, this might save you. My fiance
          has hepatitis C and sometimes feels lousy and this brew has made
          him feel better, so it probably backs the C down without eliminating it.
          With him being a truck driver and hard to dose it is impossible to do
          a proper sequence of dosing and getting him tested, but it does some
          good.

          Mary Christine Erikson

          _tjs1@..._ (mailto:tjs1@...)
          _http://www.myspace.http://www.m_ (http://www.myspace.com/99319958)
          P I thank you for printing this e-mail only if it is necessary

          "Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present
          without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own
          needs."

          The World Commission on Environment and Development,
          Gro Harlem Brundtland
          Our Common Future, Oxford University Press, 1987

          MY NOTE: Sustainable development does not mean "sustainable growth" as
          growth per se is not sustainable. And the term "sustainable" has to mean
          "for a very long time" (A. Bartlett).

          "The frog does not drink up the pond in which he lives." Sioux proverb

          favorites at AOL Food.

        • siderea
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2008
            Thank you for the information, Mary Christine. I will certainly look at
            this tree
            with even more respect now!
            Info-wolf... I like that! A hound for trivia here!
            Clear skies!
            lc carol

          • Griselda Mussett
            Message 5 of 6 , May 6, 2008
              Here in S E England the loquat grows very happily and evergreen in our
              tiny garden where it is sheltered from north and easterly winds, but we
              have never seen it flower or fruit.
              It is a lovely thing to look at though, with its elegant white bud
              'candles' and massive leaves. Everyone admires it.
              It is easy to prune and shape and I have seen it used in formal topiary
              in other gardens.
              A marvellous plant. If global warming hots us up a bit more, I'd be
              fascinated to see if it could become more productive.
              Griselda

            • catzcatz4@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , May 6, 2008
                Hi Griselda,

                I live in England, UK, and would be interested in trying to grow some, especially if you can provide me some directions as I am a starter in fruit n veg and permaculture etc.? Not sure our climate would suffice as its miserably cold much of the year I'm afraid to say.? If its not too much trouble and cost to you I would like to try to grow them and its nice to be from you and not a garden centre.?

                My address is:? Val Eves-Down, 'Rainbow Cottage', 8 Redhills Close, Maulden, Bedfordshire MK45 2GA (its not a real cottage but is in a village ! one day who knows !? anyway, I understand if its too much to send.

                Keep well and kind regards,

                Valerie