Re: Free Pinus Pinea Seed! (including postage)

  • Robert Alcock
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1 2:20 AM
      The stone pine and monkey puzzle seed arrived safe and sound in
      norhtern Spain, thanks a lot! By a curious coincidence, we went to a
      trade fair over the Easter weekend where ther were giving out free
      Pinus pinea (known here as pino piƱonero) seedlings, and we've planted
      two, so it looks like we'll have quite a diversity of stone pines
      soon! Not sure how well they'll do in our rainy climate and clay soil,
      but the Araucaria should do well.

      Thanks a lot!

      Robert
      www.lesspress.com
    • Elise Lutrick
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1 10:52 PM
        The seeds arrived safely here in Mississippi this afternoon. They are
        beautiful! Thank you so very much for sharing these with so many folks! It
        was a very generous thing to do!

        Does anyone know if there any tricks to germinating and growing these? I am
        eager that they should do well here.