Re: [pfaf] Free Pinus Pinea Seed! (including postage)

  • Elise Lutrick
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
      Hi Jim,

      I would love to have some of these seeds if you still have extra. My mailing
      info:

      Elise Lutrick
      1716 Cleary Road
      Florence, MS 39073

      Thanks a bunch!

      Elise

      On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 7:37 AM, cromlech108 <cromlech108@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!
      >
      > I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
      > some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
      > thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
      > the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
      > anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
      > so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
      > amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
      > aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
      > the Plants for a future database of course.
      >
      > Thanks and blessings!
      >
      > Jim

    • daniel wildman
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
        Hi Jim: I would like some Pinus Pinea (Stone Pine) seeds, also some Monkey puzzle seeds, send to
        Daniel Wildman
        132 S. 8th. St. Apt. C
        Allentown, PA 18101-2250 USA
        I aslo collect WW stamps if you have any used send them as well
        Thank You Dan

        Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!

        I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
        some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
        thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
        the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
        anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
        so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
        amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
        aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
        the Plants for a future database of course.

        Thanks and blessings!

        Jim

      • Susi Maxwell-Stewart
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 15, 2008
          hi jim i would love some monkey puzzle seeds i live in sussex 118 Westbourne Street Hove bn3 5FA please send your address so i can reimburse you postage thanks alot susi

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 16, 2008
            Jim,
            If you still have some seed I would be interested.
            Opal Essence
            150 Delta St.
            San Francisco, CA 94134-2228
            Thank you,
            Opal

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • cromlech108
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 21, 2008
              Hi everyone!

              Offer now closed. REPEAT OFFER NOW CLOSED!!!!

              All the seed has been packaged up, really to send off at the next
              opportunity. Some people will only be getting Pinus Pinea, as there
              wasn't as much Monkey Puzzle, and until dat land deal goes through,
              I'm about £3000 in debt and so have to reign in my spending/generosity
              a bit.

              I FELL GOOD NOW!

              HAHAHAHA!
            • Diane Lee Long

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 24, 2008
                  Wow! thanks! It wasn't that much really! *blush*

                  The packages will be sent out tomorrow when the post office reopens
                  after the easter bank holiday.

                  Love and blessings

                  Jim

                  --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Diane Lee Long <firstwhitelight@...> wrote:

                  > We all greatly appreciated your generous offer! May the Most high
                  God Bless you and your loved ones.

                  > Diane
                  >

                  > cromlech108 <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                  > Hi everyone!
                  >
                  > Offer now closed. REPEAT OFFER NOW CLOSED!!!!
                  >
                  > All the seed has been packaged up, really to send off at the next
                  > opportunity. Some people will only be getting Pinus Pinea, as there
                  > wasn't as much Monkey Puzzle, and until dat land deal goes through,
                  > I'm about £3000 in debt and so have to reign in my spending/generosity
                  > a bit.
                  >
                  > I FELL GOOD NOW!
                  >
                  > HAHAHAHA!

                • Dan
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 29, 2008
                    Dear Jim: I just recived (03/29/08)the "Free Pinus Pinea & Monkey
                    Puzzle Seeds". I wanted to send you a Thank You letter,but I notice you
                    didnt put a return address. So I am posting a Thank You here. I would
                    still like to send you a formal Thank You by mail if you send me your
                    address I will send one to you. Thank You very much Dan

                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 30, 2008
                      Monkey puzzle also arrived here in Norway
                      thank you Jim

                      Geir Flatabø

                      2008/3/30, Dan <spiderman18102@...>:
                      > Dear Jim: I just recived (03/29/08)the "Free Pinus Pinea & Monkey
                      > Puzzle Seeds". I wanted to send you a Thank You letter,but I notice you
                      > didnt put a return address. So I am posting a Thank You here. I would
                      > still like to send you a formal Thank You by mail if you send me your
                      > address I will send one to you. Thank You very much Dan
                      >
                      > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "cromlech108" <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!
                      > >
                      > > I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
                      > > some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
                      > > thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
                      > > the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
                      > > anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
                      > > so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
                      > > amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
                      > > aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
                      > > the Plants for a future database of course.
                      > >
                      > > Thanks and blessings!
                      > >
                      > > Jim

                    • Susi Maxwell-Stewart
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 31, 2008
                        A really big thank you from me we should have fun planting the seeds for life!

                        Dear Jim: I just recived (03/29/08)the "Free Pinus Pinea & Monkey
                        Puzzle Seeds". I wanted to send you a Thank You letter,but I notice you
                        didnt put a return address. So I am posting a Thank You here. I would
                        still like to send you a formal Thank You by mail if you send me your
                        address I will send one to you. Thank You very much Dan

                        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups. com, "cromlech108" <cromlech108@ ...> wrote:

                        > Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!
                        >
                        > I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
                        > some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
                        > thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
                        > the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
                        > anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
                        > so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
                        > amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
                        > aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
                        > the Plants for a future database of course.
                        >
                        > Thanks and blessings!
                        >
                        > Jim

                      • Robert Alcock
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 1, 2008
                          The stone pine and monkey puzzle seed arrived safe and sound in
                          norhtern Spain, thanks a lot! By a curious coincidence, we went to a
                          trade fair over the Easter weekend where ther were giving out free
                          Pinus pinea (known here as pino piñonero) seedlings, and we've planted
                          two, so it looks like we'll have quite a diversity of stone pines
                          soon! Not sure how well they'll do in our rainy climate and clay soil,
                          but the Araucaria should do well.

                          Thanks a lot!

                          Robert
                          www.lesspress.com
                        • Elise Lutrick
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 1, 2008
                            The seeds arrived safely here in Mississippi this afternoon. They are
                            beautiful! Thank you so very much for sharing these with so many folks! It
                            was a very generous thing to do!

                            Does anyone know if there any tricks to germinating and growing these? I am
                            eager that they should do well here.