Re: [pfaf] Free Pinus Pinea Seed! (including postage)

  • Diane Lee Long
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
      Dear Jim,

      I would like some of those seeds if you still have some left.

      Diane Lee Long
      7421 North Lake Road
      Millington, MI 48746-9019

      Thank you for your time and effort!

      Diane

      cromlech108 <cromlech108@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!

      I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
      some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
      thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
      the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
      anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
      so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
      amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
      aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
      the Plants for a future database of course.

      Thanks and blessings!

      Jim

    • Elise Lutrick
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
        Hi Jim,

        I would love to have some of these seeds if you still have extra. My mailing
        info:

        Elise Lutrick
        1716 Cleary Road
        Florence, MS 39073

        Thanks a bunch!

        Elise

        On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 7:37 AM, cromlech108 <cromlech108@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!
        >
        > I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
        > some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
        > thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
        > the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
        > anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
        > so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
        > amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
        > aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
        > the Plants for a future database of course.
        >
        > Thanks and blessings!
        >
        > Jim

      • daniel wildman
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
          Hi Jim: I would like some Pinus Pinea (Stone Pine) seeds, also some Monkey puzzle seeds, send to
          Daniel Wildman
          132 S. 8th. St. Apt. C
          Allentown, PA 18101-2250 USA
          I aslo collect WW stamps if you have any used send them as well
          Thank You Dan

          Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!

          I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
          some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
          thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
          the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
          anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
          so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
          amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
          aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
          the Plants for a future database of course.

          Thanks and blessings!

          Jim

        • Susi Maxwell-Stewart
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 15, 2008
            hi jim i would love some monkey puzzle seeds i live in sussex 118 Westbourne Street Hove bn3 5FA please send your address so i can reimburse you postage thanks alot susi

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 16, 2008
              Jim,
              If you still have some seed I would be interested.
              Opal Essence
              150 Delta St.
              San Francisco, CA 94134-2228
              Thank you,
              Opal

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • cromlech108
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 21, 2008
                Hi everyone!

                Offer now closed. REPEAT OFFER NOW CLOSED!!!!

                All the seed has been packaged up, really to send off at the next
                opportunity. Some people will only be getting Pinus Pinea, as there
                wasn't as much Monkey Puzzle, and until dat land deal goes through,
                I'm about £3000 in debt and so have to reign in my spending/generosity
                a bit.

                I FELL GOOD NOW!

                HAHAHAHA!
              • Diane Lee Long

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 24, 2008
                    Wow! thanks! It wasn't that much really! *blush*

                    The packages will be sent out tomorrow when the post office reopens
                    after the easter bank holiday.

                    Love and blessings

                    Jim

                    --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Diane Lee Long <firstwhitelight@...> wrote:

                    > We all greatly appreciated your generous offer! May the Most high
                    God Bless you and your loved ones.

                    > Diane
                    >

                    > cromlech108 <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                    > Hi everyone!
                    >
                    > Offer now closed. REPEAT OFFER NOW CLOSED!!!!
                    >
                    > All the seed has been packaged up, really to send off at the next
                    > opportunity. Some people will only be getting Pinus Pinea, as there
                    > wasn't as much Monkey Puzzle, and until dat land deal goes through,
                    > I'm about £3000 in debt and so have to reign in my spending/generosity
                    > a bit.
                    >
                    > I FELL GOOD NOW!
                    >
                    > HAHAHAHA!

                  • Dan
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 29, 2008
                      Dear Jim: I just recived (03/29/08)the "Free Pinus Pinea & Monkey
                      Puzzle Seeds". I wanted to send you a Thank You letter,but I notice you
                      didnt put a return address. So I am posting a Thank You here. I would
                      still like to send you a formal Thank You by mail if you send me your
                      address I will send one to you. Thank You very much Dan

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 30, 2008
                        Monkey puzzle also arrived here in Norway
                        thank you Jim

                        Geir Flatabø

                        2008/3/30, Dan <spiderman18102@...>:
                        > Dear Jim: I just recived (03/29/08)the "Free Pinus Pinea & Monkey
                        > Puzzle Seeds". I wanted to send you a Thank You letter,but I notice you
                        > didnt put a return address. So I am posting a Thank You here. I would
                        > still like to send you a formal Thank You by mail if you send me your
                        > address I will send one to you. Thank You very much Dan
                        >
                        > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "cromlech108" <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!
                        > >
                        > > I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
                        > > some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
                        > > thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
                        > > the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
                        > > anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
                        > > so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
                        > > amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
                        > > aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
                        > > the Plants for a future database of course.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks and blessings!
                        > >
                        > > Jim

                      • Susi Maxwell-Stewart
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 31, 2008
                          A really big thank you from me we should have fun planting the seeds for life!

                          Dear Jim: I just recived (03/29/08)the "Free Pinus Pinea & Monkey
                          Puzzle Seeds". I wanted to send you a Thank You letter,but I notice you
                          didnt put a return address. So I am posting a Thank You here. I would
                          still like to send you a formal Thank You by mail if you send me your
                          address I will send one to you. Thank You very much Dan

                          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups. com, "cromlech108" <cromlech108@ ...> wrote:

                          > Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!
                          >
                          > I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
                          > some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
                          > thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
                          > the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
                          > anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
                          > so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
                          > amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
                          > aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
                          > the Plants for a future database of course.
                          >
                          > Thanks and blessings!
                          >
                          > Jim

                        • Robert Alcock
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 1, 2008
                            The stone pine and monkey puzzle seed arrived safe and sound in
                            norhtern Spain, thanks a lot! By a curious coincidence, we went to a
                            trade fair over the Easter weekend where ther were giving out free
                            Pinus pinea (known here as pino piñonero) seedlings, and we've planted
                            two, so it looks like we'll have quite a diversity of stone pines
                            soon! Not sure how well they'll do in our rainy climate and clay soil,
                            but the Araucaria should do well.

                            Thanks a lot!

                            Robert
                            www.lesspress.com
                          • Elise Lutrick
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 1, 2008
                              The seeds arrived safely here in Mississippi this afternoon. They are
                              beautiful! Thank you so very much for sharing these with so many folks! It
                              was a very generous thing to do!

                              Does anyone know if there any tricks to germinating and growing these? I am
                              eager that they should do well here.