Land Prices in the UK (wasRe: Cardboard - toxic or not?

  • cromlech108
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 14, 2008
      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "cromlech108" <cromlech108@...> wrote:

      > I'm currently planting up an arboretum
      > of 'edibles'in east Sussex and have just exchanged contracts on 7.5
      > acres just by where I live on Anglesey also

      I thought afterwards people in other parts of the world might be
      thinking - huh 7.5 acres, thats nothing. Get this: that land cost a
      barely credible £72000. Thats around £10000/acre. Unreal price for
      North Wales...possibly the seaside factor coming in there, Anglseys
      has become very fashionable recently, and Red Wharf Bay, an exclusive
      and desirable area. The initial guide price was £18000 for the lot. I
      was AB-SOL-UTE-LY determined to buy it. I had to buy it. Fortunatly I
      am selling some land elsewhere at an equally silly price, and so could
      bid up to that price. Its very sweet area of land and is right in
      front of my cottage there. I had to buy it....its a wooded mound, so
      you can see the trees on it laid out in front of you across a small
      private valley. the previous owner was tree nut and so its well
      managed with the Foresrt Commissions conifers having been replaced
      with natives, especially oak, in a planned way...as more gaps are
      opened up I shall plant nut and fruit trees for my friends, the birds!

      Blessings.

      TIBETAN TRIBAL SOVEREIGNTY!

      ;)