Free Pinus Pinea Seed! (including postage)

  • cromlech108
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
      Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!

      I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
      some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
      thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
      the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
      anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
      so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
      amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
      aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
      the Plants for a future database of course.

      Thanks and blessings!

      Jim
    • Diane Lee Long
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
        Dear Jim,

        I would like some of those seeds if you still have some left.

        Diane Lee Long
        7421 North Lake Road
        Millington, MI 48746-9019

        Thank you for your time and effort!

        Diane

        cromlech108 <cromlech108@...> wrote:
        Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!

        I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
        some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
        thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
        the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
        anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
        so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
        amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
        aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
        the Plants for a future database of course.

        Thanks and blessings!

        Jim

      • Elise Lutrick
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
          Hi Jim,

          I would love to have some of these seeds if you still have extra. My mailing
          info:

          Elise Lutrick
          1716 Cleary Road
          Florence, MS 39073

          Thanks a bunch!

          Elise

          On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 7:37 AM, cromlech108 <cromlech108@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!
          >
          > I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
          > some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
          > thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
          > the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
          > anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
          > so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
          > amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
          > aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
          > the Plants for a future database of course.
          >
          > Thanks and blessings!
          >
          > Jim

        • daniel wildman
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 14, 2008
            Hi Jim: I would like some Pinus Pinea (Stone Pine) seeds, also some Monkey puzzle seeds, send to
            Daniel Wildman
            132 S. 8th. St. Apt. C
            Allentown, PA 18101-2250 USA
            I aslo collect WW stamps if you have any used send them as well
            Thank You Dan

            Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!

            I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
            some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
            thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
            the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
            anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
            so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
            amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
            aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
            the Plants for a future database of course.

            Thanks and blessings!

            Jim

          • Susi Maxwell-Stewart
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 15, 2008
              hi jim i would love some monkey puzzle seeds i live in sussex 118 Westbourne Street Hove bn3 5FA please send your address so i can reimburse you postage thanks alot susi

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 16, 2008
                Jim,
                If you still have some seed I would be interested.
                Opal Essence
                150 Delta St.
                San Francisco, CA 94134-2228
                Thank you,
                Opal

                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              • cromlech108
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 21, 2008
                  Hi everyone!

                  Offer now closed. REPEAT OFFER NOW CLOSED!!!!

                  All the seed has been packaged up, really to send off at the next
                  opportunity. Some people will only be getting Pinus Pinea, as there
                  wasn't as much Monkey Puzzle, and until dat land deal goes through,
                  I'm about £3000 in debt and so have to reign in my spending/generosity
                  a bit.

                  I FELL GOOD NOW!

                  HAHAHAHA!
                • Diane Lee Long

                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 24, 2008
                      Wow! thanks! It wasn't that much really! *blush*

                      The packages will be sent out tomorrow when the post office reopens
                      after the easter bank holiday.

                      Love and blessings

                      Jim

                      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Diane Lee Long <firstwhitelight@...> wrote:

                      > We all greatly appreciated your generous offer! May the Most high
                      God Bless you and your loved ones.

                      > Diane
                      >

                      > cromlech108 <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                      > Hi everyone!
                      >
                      > Offer now closed. REPEAT OFFER NOW CLOSED!!!!
                      >
                      > All the seed has been packaged up, really to send off at the next
                      > opportunity. Some people will only be getting Pinus Pinea, as there
                      > wasn't as much Monkey Puzzle, and until dat land deal goes through,
                      > I'm about £3000 in debt and so have to reign in my spending/generosity
                      > a bit.
                      >
                      > I FELL GOOD NOW!
                      >
                      > HAHAHAHA!

                    • Dan
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 29, 2008
                        Dear Jim: I just recived (03/29/08)the "Free Pinus Pinea & Monkey
                        Puzzle Seeds". I wanted to send you a Thank You letter,but I notice you
                        didnt put a return address. So I am posting a Thank You here. I would
                        still like to send you a formal Thank You by mail if you send me your
                        address I will send one to you. Thank You very much Dan

                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 30, 2008
                          Monkey puzzle also arrived here in Norway
                          thank you Jim

                          Geir Flatabø

                          2008/3/30, Dan <spiderman18102@...>:
                          > Dear Jim: I just recived (03/29/08)the "Free Pinus Pinea & Monkey
                          > Puzzle Seeds". I wanted to send you a Thank You letter,but I notice you
                          > didnt put a return address. So I am posting a Thank You here. I would
                          > still like to send you a formal Thank You by mail if you send me your
                          > address I will send one to you. Thank You very much Dan
                          >
                          > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "cromlech108" <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!
                          > >
                          > > I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
                          > > some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
                          > > thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
                          > > the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
                          > > anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
                          > > so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
                          > > amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
                          > > aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
                          > > the Plants for a future database of course.
                          > >
                          > > Thanks and blessings!
                          > >
                          > > Jim

                        • Susi Maxwell-Stewart
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 31, 2008
                            A really big thank you from me we should have fun planting the seeds for life!

                            Dear Jim: I just recived (03/29/08)the "Free Pinus Pinea & Monkey
                            Puzzle Seeds". I wanted to send you a Thank You letter,but I notice you
                            didnt put a return address. So I am posting a Thank You here. I would
                            still like to send you a formal Thank You by mail if you send me your
                            address I will send one to you. Thank You very much Dan

                            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups. com, "cromlech108" <cromlech108@ ...> wrote:

                            > Hi everyone! spring is here so why not grow some Stone Pines!
                            >
                            > I just have (intentionally) bought more than I need so if you want
                            > some... yes I know you could buy it easily yourself, but its the
                            > thought that counts. So just email me your address and I'll sort out
                            > the quantity depending on demand and pop them in the post to you
                            > anywhere in the world for free. I also have few monkey puzzle surplus
                            > so I'll put a few of those in the package also. I have to grow large
                            > amounts of these and more for a relativly big Forestry Commision grant
                            > aided planting scheme in Sussex, England. Growing instructions are on
                            > the Plants for a future database of course.
                            >
                            > Thanks and blessings!
                            >
                            > Jim

                          • Robert Alcock
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 1 2:20 AM
                              The stone pine and monkey puzzle seed arrived safe and sound in
                              norhtern Spain, thanks a lot! By a curious coincidence, we went to a
                              trade fair over the Easter weekend where ther were giving out free
                              Pinus pinea (known here as pino piñonero) seedlings, and we've planted
                              two, so it looks like we'll have quite a diversity of stone pines
                              soon! Not sure how well they'll do in our rainy climate and clay soil,
                              but the Araucaria should do well.

                              Thanks a lot!

                              Robert
                              www.lesspress.com
                            • Elise Lutrick
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 1 10:52 PM
                                The seeds arrived safely here in Mississippi this afternoon. They are
                                beautiful! Thank you so very much for sharing these with so many folks! It
                                was a very generous thing to do!

                                Does anyone know if there any tricks to germinating and growing these? I am
                                eager that they should do well here.