Colemanballs Quinoa entry on PFAF database...

  • Graham Burnett
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2002
      Hi Rich- here's a forward of a post from the Permaculture Newsgroup after I
      copied and pasted the page on Quinoa...

      Message follows;

      "Janet Baraclough" <> wrote in message
      > The message <ooTw9.7661$CC7.53505187@...>
      > from "Graham Burnett" <grahamburmett@...> contains these
      words:

      > > There's also this from Plants For A Future's database...
      >
      > > http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/cgi-bin/pfaf/arr_html?Chenopodium+quinoa
      >
      > > Chenopodium quinoa (snip)
      >
      > > The plant prefers light (sandy), medium (loamy) and heavy (clay) soils
      and
      > > requires well-drained soil. The plant prefers acid, neutral and basic
      > > (alkaline) soils and can grow in very alkaline and saline soils.It
      > > requires moist soil....
      >
      > Well which does it "prefer"....light or heavy; sandy or clay; acid or
      > neutral or alkaline? Does it require well drained, or moist soil?
      >
      > Can the Leeds author distinguish an arse from an elbow, one wonders?
      >
      > :-)

      Blimey you mean somebody actually READS that stuff I copy and paste!! Well
      done! The 'Leeds author' was probably Ken Fern, however I think I might just
      pass your comment back to the PFAF yahoo list and see if they can spin
      doctor their way out of that colemanballism....

      Cheers Graham