Re: [pfaf] Question - cat tails

  • Dan Culbertson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2008
      I don't know if seeds are offered but cattails spread so fast that a few
      plants would be all you need. There are some cattail plants offered at
      Catalpa Tree Seed Company
      http://www.catalpatreeseeds.com/CandyPress/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=4721 -
      These are supposed to be "Giant" cattails which aren't as unruly as normal
      cattails. For the normal ones you might try any water garden store like Van
      Ness Water Gardens or Trickers - look under bog or marginal plants at those
      sites. Google "water garden supplies" to get a list of other places likely
      to have them and other bog plants that can clean up water. However, you
      might want to avoid those, like cattails, which might spread downstream and
      choke the creek. There are plenty of choices for more restrained bog
      plants.

      Dan