Re: Question - cat tails

  • cromlech108
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2008
      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "Travis Philp" <trphilp@...> wrote:

      > Peggy,
      >
      > If you have cattails in your area that you think are safe, meaning
      they aren't downstream from a source of pollution (ei. cattle
      deficating near or in the waters edge...

      Travis

      Oh PLUR-EASE
    • Dan Culbertson
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 2008
        I don't know if seeds are offered but cattails spread so fast that a few
        plants would be all you need. There are some cattail plants offered at
        Catalpa Tree Seed Company
        http://www.catalpatreeseeds.com/CandyPress/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=4721 -
        These are supposed to be "Giant" cattails which aren't as unruly as normal
        cattails. For the normal ones you might try any water garden store like Van
        Ness Water Gardens or Trickers - look under bog or marginal plants at those
        sites. Google "water garden supplies" to get a list of other places likely
        to have them and other bog plants that can clean up water. However, you
        might want to avoid those, like cattails, which might spread downstream and
        choke the creek. There are plenty of choices for more restrained bog
        plants.

        Dan