Re: Use, Not Discard Wash Water...

  • Warron van Riet
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
      Hi Happy people,

      Living on a greek island where we see no rain for 7
      months a year(summer) I`ve had to reuse everybit of
      water we consume. all goes into a 3 stage seperator
      tank and I pump the end product throughout the garden
      though not to the veggie patch as the toilet waste
      also goes to the tank. However If one were to
      redirect the waste water to a seperate tank it would
      be possible to use the grey water for everything. all
      of the above assumes that biodegrable cleaning proucts
      are used. I use the ecover brand name and all works
      amazingly well. I recover 100% of all water the house
      uses which adds up to 8 cubic meteres a week for our
      family of 4. In addition when we built the house I had
      an underground tank built to collect all the rain
      water which is quite alot as we have flat rooftops
      here which catch quite a bit of rain.

      Warron.

      Stinky water is better than no water! :)

      now.
      http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/