Re: [pfaf] Planting for a drought?

  • Pat Meadows
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2008
      On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:23:38 -0000, you wrote:

      >We've had drought here in MO zone 5b for the past few years. I've been
      >trying to figure what crops or varieties of plants might make it here
      >if given a little care. New Mexico doesn't get much rain and there are
      >those who grow in the desert areas. I'm wondering if I got seed from
      >those areas, if they'd have a chance of making it through the summer
      >here? Does anybody have any ideas about this? Thanks, Peg

      Native Seeds/SEARCH sells a lot of seeds suitable for the Southwest - maybe
      they'd have some you're interested in.

      www.nativeseeds.org

      Pat
      -- Northern Pennsylvania
      http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com/
      'Every one of us can do something to protect and care for our planet.
      We should live in such a way that makes a future possible.'
      - Thich Nhat Hanh