Planting for a drought?

  • Peggy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2008
      We've had drought here in MO zone 5b for the past few years. I've been
      trying to figure what crops or varieties of plants might make it here
      if given a little care. New Mexico doesn't get much rain and there are
      those who grow in the desert areas. I'm wondering if I got seed from
      those areas, if they'd have a chance of making it through the summer
      here? Does anybody have any ideas about this? Thanks, Peg
    • Pat Meadows
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2008
        On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:23:38 -0000, you wrote:

        >We've had drought here in MO zone 5b for the past few years. I've been
        >trying to figure what crops or varieties of plants might make it here
        >if given a little care. New Mexico doesn't get much rain and there are
        >those who grow in the desert areas. I'm wondering if I got seed from
        >those areas, if they'd have a chance of making it through the summer
        >here? Does anybody have any ideas about this? Thanks, Peg

        Native Seeds/SEARCH sells a lot of seeds suitable for the Southwest - maybe
        they'd have some you're interested in.

        www.nativeseeds.org

        Pat
        -- Northern Pennsylvania
        http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com/
        'Every one of us can do something to protect and care for our planet.
        We should live in such a way that makes a future possible.'
        - Thich Nhat Hanh