Re: [pfaf] Re:Cardboard - toxic or not for wormeries

  • Thomas Shelley
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2008
      At 06:49 PM 2/22/2008 +0000, you wrote:

      >Hi guys,
      >
      >Anybody know if cardboard would affect my wormery
      >adversely, if indeed cardboard turns out to be as
      >toxic as discussed? I use cardboard intermitantly in
      >mw wormery.

      Warron--I doubt that you would have a problem. Most worms are tough enough
      to eat nails! 8>) Tom

      P.S.: The only severe problem I have read about concerning worms is when
      someone did an experiment with vermiculture to digest cat feces. It worked
      great, but only if the cats hadn't been given any deworming medications in
      the previous month or so.

      Tom Shelley
      118 E. Court St.
      Ithaca, NY 14850
      607 342-0864
      tjs1@...
      http://www.myspace.com/99319958
      P I thank you for printing this e-mail only if it is necessary

      "Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present
      without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own
      needs."

      The World Commission on Environment and Development,
      Gro Harlem Brundtland
      Our Common Future, Oxford University Press, 1987

      MY NOTE: Sustainable development does not mean "sustainable growth" as
      growth per se is not sustainable. And the term "sustainable" has to mean
      "for a very long time" (A. Bartlett).

      "The frog does not drink up the pond in which he lives." Sioux proverb