Re: Mucuna bean

  • fairly obvious, I suspect
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2002
      A Christian anti-hunger organization, echonet.org, sells seeds (for US
      $). Spain is drier than the areas of Central America that need green
      manure crops to maintain fertility, so I can't guarrantee success but
      it is worth a try. Mucuna has been used, post-treatment, as a famine
      food but "pruriens" means "causes itchiness," and there is some toxity
      so I wouldn't eat it, myself, for medicine or food.

      God bless,
      Erik

      --- In pfaf@y..., "Ken Fern" <ken.fern@l...> wrote:
      > Dear Mikhail.
      >
      > Rich passed on your request about Micuna beans. Whilst I do not know
      of a good source for these beans, I thought that you might be
      interested in the attached leaflet which gives information on the
      medicinal uses of the beans.