Re: [pfaf] Australian mirror of PFAF is down

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2002
      Marcus,
      > The server that the permacult.com.au was attacked last month by a
      > denial of service hacker (who was directing it at another website on
      > the same server). We have found a better secured host but will need
      > the PFAF database uploaded again.
      >
      > Rich, I've sent the secure passwords to the server via email, but for
      > security will need to change the password within a few days. Is it
      > possible to upload the PFAF to the new server, please?

      I'll try to get on it tomorrow. Madly busy.

      Rich
      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Web: http://www.pfaf.org/ := http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2002
        Any word yet, Rich?

        We're getting a constant flow of emails from the educational
        institutions that have linked to the db that it has been down for two
        months now. Can we help in any way?

        Marcus