Australian mirror of PFAF is down

  • Marcus
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 24, 2002
      Hiya Rich,

      The server that the permacult.com.au was attacked last month by a
      denial of service hacker (who was directing it at another website on
      the same server). We have found a better secured host but will need
      the PFAF database uploaded again.

      Rich, I've sent the secure passwords to the server via email, but for
      security will need to change the password within a few days. Is it
      possible to upload the PFAF to the new server, please?

      Regards,

      Marcus Web
    • Richard Morris
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 24, 2002
        Marcus,
        > The server that the permacult.com.au was attacked last month by a
        > denial of service hacker (who was directing it at another website on
        > the same server). We have found a better secured host but will need
        > the PFAF database uploaded again.
        >
        > Rich, I've sent the secure passwords to the server via email, but for
        > security will need to change the password within a few days. Is it
        > possible to upload the PFAF to the new server, please?

        I'll try to get on it tomorrow. Madly busy.

        Rich
        --
        Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
        Web: http://www.pfaf.org/ := http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 21, 2002
          Any word yet, Rich?

          We're getting a constant flow of emails from the educational
          institutions that have linked to the db that it has been down for two
          months now. Can we help in any way?

          Marcus