Re: [pfaf] Re: Forever Autumn? Eat your weeds?

  • Griselda Mussett
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2008
      Ground Elder can be horrendously invasive so watch where you put it.
      It is able to spread by root and seed, and is almost impossible to get
      out if and when you want something else to grow in that place.
      it can also spread under fences etc if they are not deeply embedded
      into the ground so can cause problems with neighbours.
      Griselda

      On 21 Jan 2008, at 18:35, Vanessa King wrote:

      > Oh I forgot Ground Elder and dock (when young) make
      > excellent spinach substitutes too.
      >
      > Nessie x
      >
      > Moonsilver  Vanessa
      > adopt your own virtual pet!

    • Gloria Alexander
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2008
        thanks for the warning- don't want something that easy to be out of control
        gloria

        Griselda Mussett <griselda1@...> wrote:
        Ground Elder can be horrendously invasive so watch where you put it.
        It is able to spread by root and seed, and is almost impossible to get
        out if and when you want something else to grow in that place.
        it can also spread under fences etc if they are not deeply embedded
        into the ground so can cause problems with neighbours.
        Griselda

        On 21 Jan 2008, at 18:35, Vanessa King wrote:

        > Oh I forgot Ground Elder and dock (when young) make
        > excellent spinach substitutes too.
        >
        > Nessie x
        >
        > Moonsilver Vanessa
        > adopt your own virtual pet!