Re: Forever Autumn? Eat your weeds?

  • Vanessa King
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2008
      Oh I forgot Ground Elder and dock (when young) make
      excellent spinach substitutes too.

      Nessie x

      Moonsilver  Vanessa
      adopt your own virtual pet!

      Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/
    • Griselda Mussett
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2008
        Ground Elder can be horrendously invasive so watch where you put it.
        It is able to spread by root and seed, and is almost impossible to get
        out if and when you want something else to grow in that place.
        it can also spread under fences etc if they are not deeply embedded
        into the ground so can cause problems with neighbours.
        Griselda

        On 21 Jan 2008, at 18:35, Vanessa King wrote:

        > Oh I forgot Ground Elder and dock (when young) make
        > excellent spinach substitutes too.
        >
        > Nessie x
        >
        > Moonsilver  Vanessa
        > adopt your own virtual pet!

      • Gloria Alexander
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 29, 2008
          thanks for the warning- don't want something that easy to be out of control
          gloria

          Griselda Mussett <griselda1@...> wrote:
          Ground Elder can be horrendously invasive so watch where you put it.
          It is able to spread by root and seed, and is almost impossible to get
          out if and when you want something else to grow in that place.
          it can also spread under fences etc if they are not deeply embedded
          into the ground so can cause problems with neighbours.
          Griselda

          On 21 Jan 2008, at 18:35, Vanessa King wrote:

          > Oh I forgot Ground Elder and dock (when young) make
          > excellent spinach substitutes too.
          >
          > Nessie x
          >
          > Moonsilver Vanessa
          > adopt your own virtual pet!