Re: [pfaf] Green potatoes from Bolivia

  • Dan Culbertson
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 24, 2007
      Hi Stephen,

      That is interesting. Ullucu tuberosus is one of the "Lost Crops of the
      Incas" I've been looking for. Only ones of those I've found is Oca which
      doesn't thrive here in north Florida and Canna edulis which isn't all that
      tasty (probably not one of the better varieties). Let us know how your
      Ullucus tastes! Of course since it is one of those Deliciosus unobtainicus
      species telling us how it tastes might me considered mental cruelty. :-)

      You mention in the seed savers forum that you are eating madeira vine root.
      I haven't found a way to cook it that doesn't result in a sort of
      mucilaginous tater (i.e. "slimy"). Any hints on that?

      Dan