Raw Foods for healing

  • joshlaraw
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2007
      Has anyone seen the trailer for "Raw For 30 Days"? It's a documentary
      about six people, who normally eat fast food, who decide to go 100%
      raw for a month. It features interviews with doctors, experts, and
      raw foodists including Gabriel Cousens, David Wolfe, and Woody
      Harrelson.

      I am new to raw foods and very interested in hearing from others who
      are raw foodists and people who are trying to change their lives for
      the better. Many people in my family have diabetes and I have changed
      my diet and gone raw to prevent myself from also getting diabetes.

      The trailer on Youtube at:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSuqCMld00w

      There is also a new two-disc DVD set that is available for order
      called RAW FOR LIFE, which is a encyclopedia of Raw Food, perfect for
      beginners like me and Raw Food enthusiasts. I have found it to be
      very helpful, as I have been transitioning to raw foods. It's about
      how to live raw, the Raw Food philosophy, why to eat a raw food diet,
      important medical facts and nutritional information. It's a very
      practical guide to becoming raw and staying raw.

      Visit the Raw For 30 Days site at:

      www.rawfor30days.com

      Another great resource I have found is the Raw Summit site, which is
      at:

      www.rawsummit2.com

      I joined for the first Raw Summit and found it very helpful and
      interesting and it's FREE!

      Who here is raw?
    • mark gibney
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2007
        I am after that day at work......nah, life's good.
        Thanks for that info Josh. I eat a lot of raw food
        but mostly cooked. I'll check out those site though.
        Sounds like they cover it all.

        Peace, Mark

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Lawrence F. London, Jr.
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2007
          joshlaraw wrote:

          > I am new to raw foods and very interested in hearing from others who
          > are raw foodists and people who are trying to change their lives for
          > the better.

          I can talk to you about raw foods, from kim chee to sprouts to seed cheese, rejuvelac, wheat and barley sprouts,
          sunflower sprouts and buckwheat lettuce, the rules for food combining, soaked dried fruits, nuts, seeds, vegetables and
          fruits, juices, blended vegetable salad dressing, etc. I have spent time with this diet and know the benefits it offers.
          Authors include, Kloss, Kulvinskas on sprouts, Hippocrates Institute, some recently published works and more. I actually
          have a rawfoods mailing list and would really like to get some stimulating discussion going in it. I operate a market
          vegetable farm and have plenty of room to try a wide variety of vegetables on my 6 acres.
          Here is the URL:
          Lawrence F. London, Jr.
          lflj@...
          Venaura Farm http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com
          Agriculture, Market Farming & Permaculture
          http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech
        • lovinglife428
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 19, 2007
            Thank You for the information. It has been served well, and I've
            already passed the information on to others. I have been slowling
            moving to a raw vegan state. Recently, I bought a juicer and I have
            been making power smoothies for breakfeast for a couple months now.
            Do notice a difference in my attitude and feeling more relaxed.

            Jenn