Re: [pfaf] healing pfaf...

  • hugo makepeace
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2007
      greetings bredda mordachai !... and thanks for you helpful response. Apologies for my delay in replying, but apart from being unhealthily busy (!), i guess i would have to admit to not having thought about the different possibilities that much...!

      .. i guess by healing, i am really talking broadly, personally, and universally...
      ... having been inspired by researching into ways to alleviate my own critical ills over the years without having to resort too much to conventional medicine, if at all. I guess also, i may quite well have been overly purist in that endeavor, as i do realise that just about all of them did originate from plant sources, and the wisdom of those who have maintained the knowledge of their uses at some time.... though again, i have been made painfully aware of the way capitalist motivations have invaded the medical profession... and i suppose it is largely for this reason that i find myself on this road.

      As well as the constant need for healing our physical beings, i believe there is also a critical need for healing in the spiritual realm of man...

      ... though i might at times, i do not feel to try to go deeper into this just now. All that i will say, is simply that, like i said in my first mail, an opportunity has arisen at a farm in Somerset, for me to begin to seriously explore in reality a lifetime of hopes and dreams, that i hope i never cease to aspire to manifest in some useful and effective way... with what little strength i still have left in me !!!!

      In this endeavor, i have to say that my first priority must be my own healing, and that of my family.... this, as well as the whole process of moving myself from a life in oxford, is going to take time... in the meantime, however, it will be necessary to come up with some projects that require minimal effort, but nevertheless exhibit to the landowner that this path may yet be a profitable one in terms of survival in the current economic climates !!!

      ...and so, once again i must thank you for the ideas which you have taken time to share with us.

      I am very interested in the one about providing plants for research by "ethnobotanists" !!!

      Can you give me some clues as to where I find some ??? : )

      Also, could you tell me what is meant by "OTC", and,
      who and where "Richter's" might be ?

      ( I am yet to spend any real time looking into the resources at pfaf. As i said before,

      " I am quite new to this !" )

      wishing yourself all the best in your own endeavors: i look forward to maybe learning a little more about those also in time.

      ... as it was in the beginning ...

      moretime !!!

      mordechai benyaminson <btbenj@...> wrote:
      I am also delving into this type of growing opportunity. What do you mean by "healing?"
      Do you mean healing herbs for culinary use, OTC herbal remedies, herbs for use by professional healing practitioners, or plant-based drugs for use in conventional medical settings, to name a few categories?
      In my experience, you may do best if you grow native but rare perennial herbs that require little extra care to thrive, and you find medical markets. Ethnobotanists who are conducting medical research for plant-based drugs may provide good demand and be willing to pay high prices for excellent quality herbs.
      Have you tried the various resources at Richter's for advice?
      Bat-Tzion Benjaminson
      Eden's Herbs