Re: [pfaf] amaranthus seeds

  • Clinton McDowell
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 8, 2007
      Toast the seeds ...they ¨pop¨ open turning white(er,off white) here in Mexico it becomes a weed ..there is NO problem for them sprouting

      `round here they make something called ¨alegria¨...HAPPINESS... using honey to make it stick toigether...I´ve seen it done with chocolate too ..w/ vanilla seasoning uuuuummmmmm!!!!
      mix the two, or try nuts too, ingredients put in a mold into oven (low heat) & voila ...H A P P I N E S S....raisins work pumpkin seeds...etc

      Klemen <dva_wolk@...> escribió:
      Hi, all!

      I have a few questions about amarnthus.

      I bought seeds of amaranthus plant and (almost) none started for a whole
      week. I have heard that the seeds are tought and it may be half of a century
      to sprout them. They do sprout when they are altered (buldozers, etc) so i
      was thinking would it be a good idea just to throw the seeds on the ground
      and then beat the earth with a showel just to wound some seeds?! or is there
      a better way to do it, such as freezing the seeds or something simmilar?

      Since my amaranthus didn't grow much, i collected wild amaranthus seeds. But
      it seems to me that they aren't palatable raw - to tough shell. So what is
      the best way to prepare them? Cooking, baking, steaming, can i put them in
      bread? Grinding? I have heard that maiyas used amaranthus - how did they
      prepare them?

      Anyone knows some good inet resources about amaranthus?

      Anyone heard about "extruding" amaranthus? I hope it is the right word - let
      me explain it. I am sure the majority of you knows about mikado chocolate.
      There is rice in it and it is extruded. So, anyone knows anything of
      extruding amaranthus?

      I very look forward to your answers/hints.

      Best Regards,
      Klemen