Re: [pfaf] Howdy I am new

  • ingrid glass
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 16, 2007
      I wouldn't mix it with apple juice, or even tomato juice. As a diabetic you
      shouldn't have any fruit juice, it acts very quickly to raise blood sugar -
      contains natural sugars without the fibre of the fruit and is therefore
      absorbed straightaway. I speak as a Type 1 diabetic of 35 years (I'm 43).
      The only time I drink fruit juice is when my blood sugar is dangerously low
      and I need something sweet which will raise my blood sugar within 10
      minutes...fruit juice acts almost as quickly as glucose tablets/pure
      sugar/honey. Eat whole fruit if you want the 'healthy' option!

      Ingrid

      From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@...>
      To: <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] Howdy I am new
      Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 15:38:50 -0500

      To help control blood sugar, I take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
      about 15 minutes before each meal, I mix it with tomato juice or apple
      juice.

      I have also heard that cinnamon helps in reducing blood sugar, if you do a
      google search for cinnamon and diabetes you will find a lot of info.

      Exercise is also critical, start gentle and slow and gradually build up.

      Green tea tends to be a diuretic for me.

      I don't know anything about blood clots.

      Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City
      www.bettertimesinfo.org