Info/ suggestions regarding some basic questions of plant molecular biology and related topics

  • Mr rajesh gupta
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2002
      Dear friends,
      I need very urgentely some important info
      on the following questions
      1. Can two undomesticated wild seedling plants growing
      in the natural environment (raised from seeds) ever be
      genetically identical (not the similar) in all the
      respects perticularly for molecular biology studies?
      2.Can these two plants mentioned above be used as
      control and treatment for molecular level studies such
      as differential display and cDNA library construction,
      where it is a question of looking for say one or two
      DNA molecular species differeing among the control and
      treatment?
      3. Can these two plants growing in the vicinity of 100
      meter from each other in their natural conditions be
      used as control and treatment to study the effect of
      environmental stresses perticularly low temperature
      stress?

      4. What do you think that in the vicinity of barely
      100 meters there is going to be a drastic change in
      the micro-climate of that area to that extent that one
      plant can act as control at normal temperature while
      other plant can be under freezing stress condition?

      5.In your opinion how much of temperature variation
      can be experienced by a plant growing under the snow
      at a depth of 10-15 centimeters and the other plant
      growing with in a ground distance of 100 meters
      without snow.

      6 Please confirm that can such a drastic variation
      in the micro climate do occur in the nature in a small
      area of 100 meters.

      I'll be greatful if you all could give your
      expert advice and comment on these very basic
      questions.
      Thanking you.
      With heartiest regards and best wishes to all of you
      Rajesh Kr. Gupta

      Want to sell your car? advertise on Yahoo Autos Classifieds. It's Free!!
      visit http://in.autos.yahoo.com